Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm in desperate need for a super w/ frames & foundation in the Atlanta area  (Read 2487 times)

Offline a wannabee

• New Bee
If anyone has one super with frames and foundation that I could borrow or buy within driving distance of Atlanta I would be very grateful. I have supers on order from 2 different suppliers but they are 2-3 weeks behind on orders. I'll know next time but this would get me out of a jam. I have one hive with 2 deep bodies and they are completely full. I am afraid they will swarm if they cannot expand soon. I'll replace yours with mine as soon as they arrive.

Signed,

Desperate

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
For the time being you can use a waxed cardboard box to let them build in until you get your other supers. Could also remove a few frames and steal a little honey thus giving them more room to breathe.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Go to the Metro Atlanta Beekeepers page and call someone like PN Williams - he always has equipment and sells it as a business - he's in Forest Park - just south of the airport.  You should come to our meetings if you don't already.  Next one is June11 at the Botanical Garden at 7 PM

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline chemlight

• New Bee
Dale's Variety Store in Ellijay will have what you need.

Offline a wannabee

• New Bee
All great ideas, Thanks! I'll try and make it to the meeting. I live in Brookhaven, not too far away from the Botanical Gardens.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
If you are in Brookhaven, then call PN 404-366-6404 - it's about a 20 - 25 minute drive from your part of town to Forest Park and he sells beekeeping equipment as part of his business.

Linda T in Atlanta (not far from you - I live near Northside Hospital)

Offline GTBee

• New Bee
I can have one for you tomorrow.  I work at Ga Tech.  Let me know.

Offline a wannabee

• New Bee
Gtbee & Linda,

Thanks for the information. I went to P.N. Williams today and bought what I needed. I wish I had known about him earlier. I could have saved a lot of money on shipping by buying everything through him! This is a great source for information and thanks for offering the super GTbee.

Kevin

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
Hi Kevin,

If you ever need any hands on help, I am just a hop, skip and a jump from you (off of High Point Road).  I am also working sometimes with the guys on Roswell Rd at the Blue Heron Nature Preserve where they now have four hives.   

Great about the super and PN,

Linda T in Atlanta just up the road from you