Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Register Your Chickens?  (Read 730 times)

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
Register Your Chickens?
« on: March 24, 2024, 10:17:47 pm »
In PA, we have to register our beehives so this doesn't seem too far out of the norm but OTOH, it looks like overreach to me. For the record, I skipped through a lot of it. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNcKG-t1z8

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Register Your Chickens?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 05:50:22 am »
USDA wants to chip all your chickens.  Then  you would have to report when you eat one and when one just dies...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 09:20:32 pm »
USDA wants to chip all your chickens.  Then  you would have to report when you eat one and when one just dies...

And don't be surprised if they eventually pass a bill demanding you to save the dead chicken for inspection by a government agent, to prove the chicken died;  :shocked: :wink: then charge you a dead chicken disposal fee as they leave your property with the dead chicken.....  :shocked: :cheesy: :cool:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 09:54:03 pm »
BEWARE !! Registration is the first step towards confiscation !

We need a constitutional amendment ...

A well regulated Flock, being necessary to the production of reasonably priced Eggs, the right of the people to keep and raise Birds, shall not be infringed.

Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 10:59:52 pm »
:wink:  :cheesy:   
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 05:43:14 am »
>And don't be surprised if they eventually pass a bill demanding you to save the dead chicken for inspection by a government agent, to prove the chicken died;  then charge you a dead chicken disposal fee as they leave your property with the dead chicken..... 

I know you think you're being facetious... but that's probably exactly their intent.  Really.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 07:39:33 am »
You have to wonder who lobbied for this ridiculous idea. I'm just amazed that we made it this far without having them all registered, I don't know how we survived.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 07:50:34 am »
I know you think you're being facetious... but that's probably exactly their intent.  Really.

Not at all. . .  It is obvious the elitist are power and control hungry freaks. I have little doubt that they would do this is allowed. . .

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 10:58:34 am »
I don't register anything.  Not my hives or anything else except for a couple of horses that were already registered.  I won't register my chickens.  I have not read the disgusting funding bill that just passed, but I heard they got the cattle tagging thing in. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 11:10:52 am »
How is it that such within these bills are invisible to our representatives before the vote, yet soon pounced upon once passed?

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 11:53:36 am »
How is it that such within these bills are invisible to our representatives before the vote, yet soon pounced upon once passed?
Most of the time they aren't "legislated" but "implemented by regulation"
A law usually gives power to an agency to define terms used within the law and write regulations that are supposed to be for implementing the law. Abusing that power, the agency can twist the law into all sorts of forms.

So, for instance, a business card made of metal with a picture printed on it, is currently classified as a machine gun by ATFE. 
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)