Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fire questions  (Read 1690 times)

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
Fire questions
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:00:59 pm »
Ok, well my hives and stuff were down stairs near the fire, as was the wax.

I know Im gonna want to replace the wax, but what about the hive boxes? I also had water damage in the basement and a couple of boxes and covers and bottom boards were on the floor, their was about 4 inches of soot water and what ever other chemicals were in the soot. I have to pick up the packages of bee's on april 4th, so its getting cut close, do i need to order new equipment? If i do im probably just going to order pre built stuff cause i wont have time with all the things going on.

Thanks
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Fire questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:55:10 pm »
People scorch boxes on purpose all the time. They should be fine.  Anything that is physically sound should e fine.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 10:04:05 pm »
I think he is worried about contaminants from various materials that were burned.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline JRS

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:17:08 pm »
I think if the wood hasn't expanded on you due to soaking up water you should be able to just wipe everything down with an alcohol or ammonia mixed with water maybe 2:1 to sterilize everything then just let it air out.
The only stupid question is the question unasked,thanx for the help.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 12:07:11 am »
Thanks for the help guys! really useful!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

anything