Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member in St Louis  (Read 1918 times)

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
New member in St Louis
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:27:13 pm »
I'm in my first year with my own bees and my second year helping out.  I live in an urban area and have one package in my backyard hidden behind my orchard and a 6 foot privacy fence.  I was initially interested to pollinate my garden (and I have a gardening problem), but after helping last year have become sincerely facinated with the hive community.

Jackie

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: New member in St Louis
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:24:27 am »
Jackie, well first things first, and that be, welcome to our forum.  Nice to have you here.  We are getting more and more women lately coming here, and that is a wonderful thing, hee, hee.  You have found the best place to get information, ask questions, always ask any question that your heart desires.  All questions are important and will get answers.  You will see that.

Nice that you are in your second year of beekeeping, this year being your first with bees of your own.  You will sooon be very deeply under the spell of this honeybee, we are all there, and let me tell ya, once they got ya, they got ya.  Sometimes people have to give up beekeeping for one reason or another, but they always seem to return.  I keep reading posts about people that are getting back into it, they are held captive by this spell, hee, hee.

Welcome, enjoy your visits, tell your stories, we are a nosey (especially me, and I say this time and time again) group, we love to hear stories, experiences, pictures, yes, take some pictures if you have a digitial camera and show us what you are up to, when you can find some spare time.  AND.....have the most wonderful and beautiful day, grooving on this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:46:50 am »
Welcome Jackie,

Glad you are with us. I live in Florissant but keep my bees at my place in Louisiana. Have you had a chance to check out the Eastern Missouri Beekeepers Association yet. If not here is a link to their website for meeting information.

http://easternmobeekeepers.googlepages.com/

Good luck and hope to see you at a meeting.

Dennis

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:46:51 am »
Thank you for the link.  I keep being referred to them, but I hadn't had a chance to check them out yet.  I appreciate the link!  I've been down to the Jefferson County group and they were great.  I can't wait to meet the Eastern Missouri group.

Jackie