Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mr. Holmes --- ( beekeeper)  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Mr. Holmes --- ( beekeeper)
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »
Ian McKellen  plays an aging Sherlock Holmes, retired and living in a country house where his primary interest is BEEKEEPING.  And with a young apprentice beekeeper.  Good movie, available on Redbox.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
Re: Mr. Holmes --- ( beekeeper)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 08:09:40 pm »
Watched it the other night on ppv with my wife. We enjoyed it. She is a big fan of all things Sherlock. :smile:
Neill

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Mr. Holmes --- ( beekeeper)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 09:48:27 pm »
Watched it the other night on ppv with my wife. We enjoyed it. She is a big fan of all things Sherlock. :smile:

Yes, well, if it had not been for the beekeeping aspect and good acting by McKellen and Laura Linley (sp?) and the actor playing the boy, I wouldn't have thought as much of it, but the beekeeping was what sold me on it.  The Sherlock aspect was a little weak, I thought, but then he was supposedly suffering from Alzheimers by then.  Still, as I said, I enjoyed the movie.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944