Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Flow Hive Beekeepers' Kit Special Promo questions  (Read 2990 times)

Offline bmb

• Brood
Flow Hive Beekeepers' Kit Special Promo questions
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:07:27 am »
Has anyone heard about the shipping prices on the special promo Beekeepers' Kit from Flow Hive? They are running a special promo via email, but it does not list the shipping price! Would love to get mine with my Flow Hive Frame order, but there is just not much information.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea on what the shipping charge will be on this item. The $69 price is great for a full suit, goatskin gloves and J Tool http://www.honeyflow.com/shop/bee-suits/p/96

Surely someone has heard via the rumour mill if they are going to be able to ship free with your order given that they say the suits will be ready for shipment in June, which is the shipping time of the early perks on Indigogo.

Offline rwlaw

• House Bee
Re: Flow Hive Beekeepers' Kit Special Promo questions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:24 am »
Given that the earliest shipping date for the hive parts (from what I've seen in posts) is 2016, I'm thinking your going to get the suit and tool long before the hive components arrive.
edit, go to your link, click the upper right hand menu icon, go to shipping rates, click on zones. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:09:14 am by rwlaw »
Can't ever say that bk'n ain't a learning experience!

Offline YpsiBee2015

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »
I ordered Day 1. Ill have mine in June hopefully. If I know anything about this Indigogo/Kickstarter campaigns....Those dates , especially the early ones....are very soft dates.

I can't wait though

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:53:52 pm »
If you really want a Flow type Hive, you can buy one called an automatic hive from Ali Express for 368.00 USD delivered by DHL.
I bought one and giving it a try, I will transfer my NUC to it in a week or so.
I was not aware it was a knock off to Flow until after I bought it, but there were no issues except.......I had to do a little hand work to each dovetail joint and a few screws were missing.
Then I watched a video on Youtube of a guy assembling a genuine Flow Hive, he had the same issues plus a few others.
Flow will tell you the plastic in the one from Ali Express is not Food Grade plastic........that is not true, I have copies of the lab report certifying it is in fact Food Grade and will share that if anyone wants to see it.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

anything