BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH

Welcome to the RAPID GROWTH FORUM

<< < (2/4) > >>

Melilem:
Well we are going into winter with 70 hives. I will keep you posted.

ikeepbees:
Great forum idea!!! I look forward to perusing....

Highlandsfreedom:
Well i am starting with 1 swarm going for a few (3-4) swarms this year with lemon grass will see its all for a big hobby operation.  I was wondering if there is a limit to how many hives can be in a 1500 sq ft yard?

MustbeeNuts:
Well I made it to 13 hives this year, winter was brutal for losses. but back on course now. hopefully next year I can do a big spit project and hit the 50 mark.

Well remember they don't stay and feed in your yard, they will do an area approx 3miles in diameter from your hive out. I think that is something like 8000 acres.  lol not sure but its a big area, but that depends on who else has bees in that area. I think you can see what they bring home or produce, if its not much then the area is being over used.

Highlandsfreedom:
WOW!! I started out with 1 swarm and a hobby and ended up with me on a ladder upside down with a bee vac on a strangers house!!!  I now have 3 colonies and a nuc in my back yard and 7 more colonies spread all over town and 3 more removals this week!!! I need intervention.   :? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version