MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

Upstate South Carolina here

(1/2) > >>

Plinsc:
 Hello
  We have an acre but it is surrounded by national forest and Game Management land. I haven?t gotten any bees yet as I?m still learning about keeping them.
 I plan to build the hives this winter with the goal being springtime.
 I do suffer from some health conditions that have weakened my hands so going with the plans I got for Layens hives. I?m afraid I could lose my grip hoisting boxes around, that could get sporty!
 Looking forward to the adventures ahead!

The15thMember:
Welcome to Beemaster, Plinsc!  :happy:  I can't wait to hear about how the Layens hive is to work with.  I use 8 frame medium Langstroths, but I love learning about other hive types.  By the way, it would be best for you to make the location on your profile a little more narrow than just the United States.  Beekeeping is very local, and it will be much easier for people to give advice and discuss useful ideas if they know a little better what your climate in your location is like.  I'm looking forward to hearing about your beekeeping adventures!  :grin:   

BeeMaster2:
Plin,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Good luck with using Lyyens hives. I have not heard anyone on BeeMaster talk about them. Hopefully someone who uses them can pipe up and provide some first hand experience for you.
Jim Altmiller

Ben Framed:
Greetings to you Plinsc; from "Upstate Mississippi"!  :grin:  Thanks for choosing Beemaster as one of your starting places in your Honey Bee 'adventure'! Hopefully you will have those bees soon.

Phillip

AustinB:
Welcome from VA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version