Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Runs for Months Without Charging, Shakes Up the Entire Car Industry!  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Its about time!
"This New Electric Car Runs for Months Without Charging and Shakes Up the Entire Car Industry".... Good report Scotty....

Phillip

https://youtu.be/hy1_cW1wQ5g
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Runs for Months Without Charging, Shakes Up the Entire Car Industry!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 08:30:23 am »
I have often wondered why no one puts solar panels on cars. When I was young, I went to a GM open house, my dad worked at the Trenton plant. They had that miniature model with the solar panels. They would put a spotlight over it and the car reverse up so loud that you had to cover your ears. Nothing ever came of it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 09:41:22 am »
The model you witnessed is interesting Jim. I have wondered the same thing. (Why are they not putting solar panels on vehicles). I remember the Moon Rover and how it was explained it worked by solar panels. That is why I said, it?s about time! lol.
Now if this report is accurate and about 40 miles a day can be achieved with this set up (not counting the almost 400 mile initial full charge, Even the average rural commuter should not need a plug in charge on sunny days. This car is interesting in my opinion.

Phillip

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:54:28 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 03:31:52 pm »
Almost anything is possible if cost is not a limiting factor.  That is why we got to the moon first.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 07:58:35 am »
Back in Edison's day he had an electric car with a range of 1000 miles.  It used a Sodium Ion battery.  I do wonder why they don't just build the entire body out of solar panel material.  There is a lot of energy wasted when you're parked in the sun...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 09:33:18 am »
Good point Mr Bush.. Agreed

anything