BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

What's flowering: Queensland

<< < (3/157) > >>

Rhino86:
Last weekend was a cruel two days. 41 on Saturday and 42 on Sunday. The well watered Blueberry even was scorched and reduced  5-10mm from around the edge of the pot. Three pumpkin vines refused to live much more then a few weary green leaves.
Sunflowers love it though, hardy buggas. Least the king parrots haven't caught a look at them yet.

max2:
For people in Qld - if you wonder what is growing in your Shire, NP or forestry - have a look here: https://environment.ehp.qld.gov.au/report-request/species-list/

Brilliant!!

SlickMick:
I don't know what's flowering in the rest of Queensland, but around Carindale in SE Brisbane something with white pollen is. The girls have been bringing pollen and nectar in furiously and have backfilled the outside frames in the brood box. So are they building up numbers or building up stores. It's my guess that with our shortening days they are getting ready for our colder months.

Mick

kanga:
Driving around the Gold Coast & Hinterland today and noticed a lot of tea tree heavily in flower, might be where the white pollen is coming from.
Kev

max2:
We had a little more rain and the temps have still been in the high 20' s of late. The weeds are still keeping the flow on. The wild Pepper is about to flower. I have a Paulownia and it  is flowering - very much out of season.

I'm still seeing the odd snake and they should really be tucked away by now. A sign of a warm winter ahead?

A chilly morning forecast for Friday and mild days ahead...the bees are still very busy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version