ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Seed Swap

<< < (2/4) > >>

lakeman:
I have Catalpa (or here in the south catawba) tree seeds, a very fast growing very large leafed tree where you can grow your own fish bait, and have a lot of flowers on them for the bees. Send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I would like to get some Paulownia tree seed (I think a common name is princess tree), another big leaved, flowering very fast growing tree (looks like a catalpa).

Ross:
I will have purple and white pickerel weed (aquatic) shortly, as well as rooted plants.  Bees love it, about a 3-4 week flow.  Great if you have ponds.

Vitex will be available in a few weeks.

wfuavenger:
I am looking for a flowering plant called spider plant/flower. It has thorns on the stalks, pot shaped leaves, is an annual and has white and pink/purple flowers. Bees seem to like it.

I am also looking for anything else that is pretty and the bees love. PM me please

wfuavenger:
found it, cleome.

Cindi:
Yep, Cleome is also known as Spider Flower.  I grow this flower, and it self-seeds like there was narry a tomorrow.  This particular cultivar of Cleome is called Purple Queen, it is beautiful, an enormous plant, like about 6 feet tall, covered in thorns, the leaves do look like cannabis and also smell like it too.  The bees are very fond of it, as are many other beneficial insects, it is the most prettiest flower for the cut flower arrangements.  Have that most beautiful and awesome day, health.  Cindi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version