Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Was proud  (Read 847 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Was proud
« on: March 01, 2020, 01:41:52 pm »
Took my 9y/0 son out today as my smoker assistant today as I had 2 hives to look at, 1 was ready to split so as I was getting equipment we cracked the hive open and he went to smoking, we took 1 frame out and low and behold my jackets elastic is loose and a bee flew in and up to the face and right to the nose and she stung me, I turn and say son smoke my face and he stairs at me,?the face? Yes and he did we talked about it and what happened  I tucked in my jacket and we made a nice split. I was getting the next nuc and my son smoked the entrance to the next hive, then I hear a scream and a yell it?s on my face. I turn to him and he says a bee in in my veil. We stop and I look and try to calm him and find a cockroach that came out of his hat, he said he was done and walked back to the house, couple minutes pass and he is back out with is suit on saying its time to finish this up. Was so proud he cleaned out the cockroach and came back to finish the hive. Was proud of him
Then he kept telling me you got stung in the face. In the face. Hahaha
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:54:23 pm by jtcmedic »

Offline paus

• Field Bee
Re: Was proud
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 02:59:06 pm »
Yep, there is one you will always keep in your precious memory bank.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 03:44:49 pm »
Good story.  Good for your son.

I was mentoring a newbie, Scott, that also had a bee get into the veil.  Scott started to panic, I just immediately eliminated the bee with my glove.  A veil screen crushes easily.  I hate to kill a bee, but a panicking newbie required an immediate response.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 08:21:46 pm »
You have a lot to be proud of in your son. You have raised him up right.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin