Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen bee  (Read 680 times)

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
Queen bee
« on: March 30, 2024, 11:04:53 pm »
Just noticed that according to my profile, I'm now a Queen bee. My gender hasn't changed on the profile, nor has it changed in real life (at least as far as I'm aware, though I haven't actually checked yet).

I'm assuming it's some kind of award for posting but do pronouns come with it? In these days and times I'm a little confused about that stuff.

More importantly, all the male queens I've ever known or heard about, wore extremely uncomfortable shoes and underwear. I just don't think I'll be able to do that, and hope it's not a requirement. I'm a little short on cash at the moment, my wife is considerably smaller than me, so I can't just borrow hers. However, she assured me there's a garter belt that is adjustable, (perhaps even to my girth) and that stockings are really stretchy. So .. would that qualify? ... being that it would be foot coverings and underwear? She says there are even some that would match my beard.
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Queen bee
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 11:09:06 pm »
lol I don't know about all of that but one thing is for sure! After reading some of your post its confirmed, you already have the stinger!  :cheesy:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 09:30:13 am »
Ben's 'universal', so there's that. :cool:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 10:31:05 am »

?  Terri I confess I missed it, that one went over my head..  :grin:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 11:22:11 am »

?  Terri I confess I missed it, that one went over my head..  :grin:

Gentlemen, I'll yield my time to animal, I would expect him to get it and be more colorful in his explanation.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 11:46:34 am »
Gentlemen, I'll yield my time to animal, I would expect him to get it and be more colorful in his explanation.

Animal is a colorful guy, alright!! BUT: He has rightfully made it clear, he does not wish to be referred to as a queen bee!  Maybe its time to re-name the level--- 'Drone Bee' for male members!! lol  :wink:

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 12:30:01 pm »

Animal is a colorful guy, alright!! BUT: He has rightfully made it clear, he does not wish to be referred to as a queen bee!  Maybe its time to re-name the level--- 'Drone Bee' for male members!! lol  :wink:
Is plain old 'worker bee' not an option? It's neutral and won't make me sound like potato chip eatin', TV watchin' lazy guy. :cool:

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 01:57:29 pm »
Nah, being called a queen is fine, as long as my wobbly bits can stay comfy. ... Just wasn't sure if there were any obligations that came with it.
Besides, I've noticed that as I've gotten older, my chest has been developing in unexpected ways, not quite to an actual cup size yet, but who knows? Maybe I'm transitioning? Also, digging around my wife's underwear drawer, I noticed that all of the stuff is really soft so maybe the softness counteracts  the confinement? She made a wisecrack about gender fluidity, but the joke's on her because I don't need Depends yet.
"Drone" seems a little insulting, as I've used it to describe govt. workers a lot .. more in the sense of mindless things following a program or directions from somewhere else. I do drone on a lot, though, and that fits if it means making long posts. 
"Worker bee" is still female, so there's that. I didn't notice that level, but the working class is hardly noticed and often ignored. It seems that would be especially bad for a moderator.

Sorry Teri, I laughed at the joke, but I didn't get it at all. I think to truly get it would require a dirty mind, so I'll act innocent.(or maybe I'm just as chicken to explain it as you  :wink:)
I did like the meme. It was a little gruesome with the head on a tripod, but cool nonetheless.   :grin:

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 09:56:12 pm »
All Hail The Queen!

Sal

Oh. And as for the pronouns?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 05:54:13 am »
In this case "Queen Bee" is a rank, not a gender.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 07:45:15 am »
and why I didn't post it in the administration section ...

There wasn't a gross-out section, so it landed here  :grin:

Money can't buy love and immaturity can't make you young, but both can provide substitutes for what you really want. :shocked: :grin:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 08:14:21 am »
Animal,
I think you posted this in the right place. 😊
By far he way, you became a queen 🐝 when you passed 1000 post. Congratulations.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 08:49:11 am »
In this case "Queen Bee" is a rank, not a gender.

As Terri pointed out a few post ago, animal "is a colorful guy".... But thanks for the reminder Mr Bush for the benefit of those who 'might not have known'... lol, :grin: animal knows, and that is why he put it here in the humor section, for humorous entertainment lol....  :cheesy:  (at least I think he knows)  :shocked: :wink: :grin:

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2024, 10:15:31 am »
Geez colorful ?

So now I'm a person of color too ?
Truth be told, I have always been confused about being called "white" when I'm nowhere near white, except maybe on my legs .. which I try to keep covered because they're inordinately skinny and I don't want to blind anyone in the sun. But the parts that are usually exposed are darker than many Mexicans ... and I'm told they are brown. For that matter, one friend that is lighter colored than me says he's black.

So from white to color and from wasp to queen bee is kinda confusing.
Not that I really mind, as I never really thought much of myself as either, but I don't know if I'm supposed to act differently.

And I hear about this pride stuff. I don't really understand taking pride in what you are so much as taking pride in what you've done. The closest I come to that is seeing what I am as being the sum total of what I've done. That doesn't seem to be what people are talking about when it comes to pride today.

oh well ... I guess I better take off the garter and stockings, and get back to work.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2024, 12:21:41 pm »
I guess I better take off the garter and stockings, and get back to work.

Mmmm  :grin:

anything