MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

When will the ignorant get smart

(1/9) > >>

Acebird:
Covid is not a hoax and the vaccine works as intended.
Is it not obvious why particular states are in trouble?  Should the whole country pay for their mistakes that can easily be prevented?

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---Covid is not a hoax and the vaccine works as intended.
--- End quote ---
COVID is not a hoax.  The vaccine and how it works is still TBD.  We won't have all the answers on that for some time.

--- Quote ---Is it not obvious why particular states are in trouble?  Should the whole country pay for their mistakes that can easily be prevented?
--- End quote ---

The states that "are in trouble" according to the the press are all red states.  Here are the state by state stats
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

let's look at who is unvaccinated.  Hispanics and blacks are the least likely to be vaccinated.  I believe the black population just reached 50% vaccination for those eligible.  Since the vaccine is free and readily available, then yes, this part is easily prevented. 

Border states:  100s of thousands of illegals are flooding across the border from many countries.  We know that 100s of known + covid illegals have been turned loose in the US.  Not only might this account for increased infections in those border states, not to mention increased variants, but illegals are being shipped all over the country.  We don't know where and we don't know what they are doing after being shipped out.  Unless they are sick, they are not tested.  Even if they are tested and are + they are not kept in quarantine. 

If certain states are in trouble with COVID, the reasons are not obvious, but we can certainly see how stupid federal policies could be impacting the infection rate not only for those states, but for all of us.

As for the minority issue of not getting vaccinated, what would you do?  PSAs have been done.  Outreach has been done.  The vaccine is available.  Would you force people to take it?

It's OK to really think things through. 

How often is this happening?  They are not telling us.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-police-covid-illegal-immigrants-whataburger

https://cis.org/Arthur/Who-Hiding-Number-CovidPositive-Migrants-Released-Rio-Grande-Valley

Kathyp:
Just ran across this.  It is preliminary but worth keeping track.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer-moderna-delta-biden-e9be4bb0-3d10-4f56-8054-5410be357070.html

Side note.  My advice to my kids was that before they submit their kids to vaccines, they have antibody tests done on them.  With luck, and since they live in a state that did not mandate masks and distancing in school, the kids have been exposed already.  Everyone else has to suffer the constant mutations because we tried to control this rather than letting it burn out.

Acebird:
LOL I suppose they could have let it burn out and that certainly would have got rid of Trump and the swamp sooner.  It also would have created a glut in Social Security.  Most definitely would have blown the economy.  I seriously think you and your family should take a trip to India or many other countries in the world and if you live tell us all how burn out works.  I wouldn't recommend it but you could prove your half baked theories.

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---LOL I suppose they could have let it burn out and that certainly would have got rid of Trump and the swamp sooner.  It also would have created a glut in Social Security.  Most definitely would have blown the economy.  I seriously think you and your family should take a trip to India or many other countries in the world and if you live tell us all how burn out works.  I wouldn't recommend it but you could prove your half baked theories.
--- End quote ---

Picking India was a mistake.  India was completely locked down at the beginning of this pandemic. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_lockdown_in_India

You are correct though, the outcome would have been different.  We would not have trained people to the idea that they can declare an emergency and do whatever they want, regardless of state or federal laws.  We would not have habituated a large part of the population to the idea that following unlawful orders and giving up freedoms is fine as long as you are convinced that there IS an emergency. 
We would not have set up the conditions for the federal government to spend trillions we don't have to enact their leftist wish list.

There should have been only two considerations.
  1. protect the healthcare system. That's what the 2 weeks to slow the spread was about and as it turned out, the health care system, for all its complaints, was fine.

2.  educate the high-risk people so that they could protect themselves.  The role of the government in the second case would have been to protect the high-risk people from losing jobs, homes, etc.  Some very temporary programs that allowed them to stay home safely and without fear of loss.

The longer this hangs around, the more it will mutate.  The majority of the masks people wear do not stop a virus.  In fact, it was funny to watch our news people talk about how masks would not protect from the fire smoke particles...and their little brains were trying not to explode on screen as they listened to what they were saying.
The virus is jumping the vaccines.  We don't know how that is going to play out. 

The message now should be that vaccinated or not, this virus is here to stay.  Time to live with it and carry on.  But hey, that would not let them finish the emergency programs they wish to institute.  I hear forgiving student loans completely is high on the next wish list.  Gotta stay masked for that one!!

Oh, and that thing our Gov signed to let kids graduate without showing proficiency in math, reading, etc?  that's part of this emergency.  For some reason, COVID and various other stuff make school unfair for minority students so the solution is to dump all graduation standards and give everyone a diploma.  After all, those poor POC are not smart enough to learn...so says the left!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version