ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Help in the garden

<< < (6/7) > >>

Seeb:
 I did not order anything

Speaking only for myself Ace, if I did not order them, I would not plant, especially if seed come from another country. I'm thinking kudzu and other plants that become invasive outside their native area.

Acebird:
My wife threw them away last week.  We can't take a chance in southern FL.  Everything grows like its on steroids.

Seeb:
I've been so busy canning, freezing, and gardening that I've not had time for much else. I applied for a pistol permit and have booked time at a shooting range, and looking at the Sig Sauer P229. I'll know better about that once I've used one at the range. Checked on my bees yesterday, so sign of any problems [whew] but they were ornery; had to go get my gloves.

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Seeb on August 19, 2020, 09:22:38 am ---I've been so busy canning, freezing, and gardening that I've not had time for much else.

--- End quote ---
Great looking pantry!  You are making my mom jealous.  :grin:  Your okra are so tiny.  Are they a certain variety, or do you just pick them small? 

--- Quote from: Seeb on August 19, 2020, 09:22:38 am ---Checked on my bees yesterday, so sign of any problems [whew] but they were ornery; had to go get my gloves.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, we're getting on towards that time of year.  I got nailed in the wrist today just taking honey off.     

Seeb:
Your okra are so tiny.  Are they a certain variety, or do you just pick them small? 

I pick them small for some things. A neighbor wanted me to try a different way of preparing: I had to borrow her microwave steamer, little water in the bottom, cut okra right below the stem, and microwave 1 - 2 minutes. Believe it or not, it was tender, and not slimy at all. I'll cut them a tad longer when I dill pickle them. I rarely fry okra [usually roast in the oven], but when I do, I pick them small and fry them whole, again cutting the stem off.

Great looking pantry!

Thanks, the only problem is, I hate to use them, because I like seeing them sitting on the shelves, my kind of art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version