MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

Big Lies

<< < (146/156) > >>

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---Like small pox to the Indians.
--- End quote ---

We actually inadvertently killed more with common things like colds (Coronaviruses ) and flu.  There is no documented case of Native Americans being intentionally infected with anything.  The closest we come is a recorded conversation in a fort manned by the Brits that was under siege from NAs about trying to infect them and make them sick enough to break the siege.  There was disease inside the fort and food was running out.
  As it turned out, the NAs asked for blankets and blankets and things were traded for food. 

To my knowledge, that is the only documented conversation about infecting Indians, and there is no documentation to show that they did or knew that the infection could be carried on the blankets.

Fauci is a piece of work.  Aside from his ego and desire to be on TV all the time, he has been the worst possible public face for info and one can only guess what kind of crap advice he gives those in power.

salvo:
Hi Folks,

KP. Sorry about that "smallpox". Sister Francis Xavier told us that in sixth grade, along with the story of Father Isaac Jogues. Mea maxima culpa. Forgive the Sister. She knew not what she said. She had no google.

"It*s not a lie if you really believe it". George Costanza

Sal

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---KP. Sorry about that "smallpox". Sister Francis Xavier told us that in sixth grade, along with the story of Father Isaac Jogues.
--- End quote ---

Lol.  I remember being taught that too.  It was accepted as fact for decades and a large part of the evolving "evil European" bit.  There is no doubt that a lot of people died from diseases for which they had no immunity!  Kinda like everyone in the world and SARS-CoV-2  :wink: .

salvo:
Hi Folks,

This is NOT A LIE!!!!!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sal

CoolBees:
I saw that too Sal. Who would vote for this craziness?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version