MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

Big Lies

<< < (139/140) > >>

Ben Framed:
Is this 50 second information packed video a Big Lie or Big truth?

salvo:
Hi Folks,

January 6, 2021, INSURECT.....

Oh! Never mind:

Sal

salvo:
Hi Folks,

Ben Framed:
Hello Sal.
 :happy:

salvo:
Hi Folks,

I wanted to comment on the political issue currently facing us known as *FOLLOW THE SCIENCE*.

However, the link that I intended had a word that sounded an awful lot like the word *beech*.

I opined that when I was a kid, that word could only be said in front of your father if you also used words like whelp or cur. I was actually chased from the barnyard when a sow or cow was getting serviced until I was about 7. I was given a swift kick in the farce if a mare was winking and I noticed. We said *cheese and rice*, *cod ham*; we would hold our tongues and say *molasses on the table* for a laugh. But we never swore in front of our parents. Hey! Remember when you'd get a scud in the lug for swearing? (Now you know from where the term scud missile comes)

I copied the Merriam Webster definition of the words *beech*, and as I wrote my post, that *beech* word came through as *bleep*. I've been reprimanded on this forum the past for using locker room talk, and I understood. Mea culpa. I didn't want to irritate my father again, so I refrained from posting. It's just that that *Hi Folks* slipped out.

Anyway,... are some words and phrases that were unfit for polite society in the past now accepted as a regular part of our normal everyday patouis?

I do think this forum is  wicked pissah
defined: The way a person in New England would describe something as being really awesome.
example: Game four was wicked pissah!

I would not have said that in front of my mother when I was a kid, but did you hear what those KIDS were chanting at those games over the weekend?

Would it be irresponsible for me to link a comedy video where a person says the word *beech* a few times?

Sal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version