BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

What to charge

(1/3) > >>

TwT:
what is the going rate for charging on bee hive removal from homes or buildings? most do it for free but people say a bee romover should charge something, i think the bee's are good enough pay but this removal Im doing tomorrow is in a county building and the lady in charge said I need to charge them for the removal.

Jerrymac:
Do you have to tear out walls or what? Would you have to repair damage or do they agree to do the fixin'?

TwT:
I will be tearing out a overhang, maybe a wall but I don't repair damage, thats the home owners responsability, well I know what to charge if they want me to repair but this is just removal of a beehive with the ladies no repairs.

Jerrymac:
They want you to charge them for the removal but you feel the bees are enough. Figure it might take you about 3 hours to tear into the place and what gas you might use going back and forth. If you really don't want to charge, then figure what won't hurt them. Are they rich or poor? What did the bug guy charge for the bombing? Personally I would go about $30 if the place is close to home or $50 if there was some travel time involved.

lively Bee's:
I would charge $15 A hour.  By the time you add up gas, your time and supplys this sould work out about right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version