Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I know two things A: I have not clue what I'm doing B:Really want to learn  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Attlas

• Brood
Hello, I am going to be completely open and say I have no clue what to do or where to begin other than needing to do a lot more research. I just recently decided that beekeeping is something i would like to take on for a hobby. For many reasons such as, bees are a vital part of the ecosystem and I do not see as many of them around the area I live in as I would think I should. Natural and local honey is great for allergies and there is nothing like natural honey. I have hopes of connecting with local groups or clubs. I can say I have minimal knowledge of what it takes to be a beekeeper. I have no equipment or supplies that would be necessary to perform the task of beekeeping. I think this is probably the best place to start in regards to connecting with and learning about beekeeping and what is needed to become a beekeeper.
I live in Oxford, MS so if there is anyone that is in Oxford or the surrounding areas, let me know :)

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Welcome to the forum.  :happy:  Someone will eventually say it so I will.  Please put your location in your profile so when you ask a question you will get better answers.  Remember beekeeping is location dependent.  Don't worry if you can't find someone local to helpor mentor you.  Many of us have used this forum as their mentor.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
Welcome to the forum.   I don't know much either, but I do read through the posts every single day and I've learned a whole lot just doing that.  There are great mentors here.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012