ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Gold prospecting using a metal detector

<< < (19/66) > >>

Lesgold:
Hi Phillip.

Haven?t seen a water spout for quite a few years. They do occur from time to time. Yes, it is a beautiful part of the coastline. Haven?t been to this beach in years. Pretty lucky to have this type of country close to home.

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 23, 2022, 06:43:36 pm ---Day one included this coin which many of you would recognise

--- End quote ---
Mr. Washington!!  What are you doing on the other side of the world?!  :grin:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 24, 2022, 01:12:18 am ---Had a interesting morning on the beach. Not much was  found but I was lucky enough to almost step onto a 7 foot diamond python sunning itself on the sand. Wish I had my phone with me to snap a shot. About 20 minutes later I was looking at a storm brewing out to sea. A water spout formed as I was watching. Raced back to the car to grab the phone but it had diminished considerably before I could take the shot.

It died and reformed about 15 minutes later. What an amazing thing to see.

--- End quote ---
Wow!  Amazing!  I guess there are many different kinds of treasures to be found at the beach.   :happy:

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---Mr. Washington!!  What are you doing on the other side of the world?!  :grin:
--- End quote ---

Good question!

Lesgold:
Went away for a few weeks towing the caravan. Stopped for 7 days in a location that was once mined for small gold. Was lucky enough to find a few pieces with the detector. This is what I found on the first day.

The sunsets in the dry country are spectacular. Sitting outside with a glass of red wine as the sun goes down  is a tough job but some one has to do it.

Cheers

Les

BeeMaster2:
Nice. How much did it weigh?
Jim Altmiller

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version