ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Getting ready for my baby chicks

<< < (2/9) > >>

firetool:
Thats a neat design I have not seen a brooder like that before. The ceiling is a lot higher. I built my'n out of one by six boards on the sides plywood on the top. I cut a door and holes for the waters. The bottom is hardware cloth. Works good for chicks but the ducks out grow it pretty quick. So I may make allitle bigger one. Becouse I am planning on getting some geese this year to and maybe some turkeys to.

I hope you have a good time with your chicks to. We will be getting about 25 barried rocks this spring. I currently have a mixer there are eleven total.

Good luck,

Brian :lol:

Beth Kirkley:
Firetool-

Yeah, it is tall (not that the chickens will get that tall in there), but it just worked out that way because of my design. I wanted to use what I had around here for building, and that meant using the greenhouse roofing for the top. I had originally planned on making the lid as the door, but changed my plans. So since I decided to make the door in the front, I wanted a big enough door to actually get my shoulders through it.

(sigh) My chicks were set for delivery from the 20th to the 22nd - most likely date to be the 21st. They aren't here yet though! I hate the fact that they're coming on the last delivery date. It'll mean that it's the last day for survivability without getting food and water in them. It could mean that I'll find some have died by the time they get here. Murray McMurray is really good about refunds and replacements, but that's not what bothers me as much as unessasary death due to slow delivery. So I'm feeling a little disheartened just because my "babies" aren't here for me to start taking care of - but also cause I'm concerned for their health now during their travels.

Beth

Horns Pure Honey:
Beth, I hope your chicks come in soon. This year I took the easy way out and went to a friend of my families and Bought 50 chickens that have just started laying, 2 new heffer calfs and the 2 sters will be here soon, some more dairy goats will be here in say 2 weeks, and I got a pot bellied pig tossed in for free. I want to get some real pigs for meat and maybe some turkeys, bye :D

TJ:
What, doesn't that pot bellied pig have any meat on it?

firetool:
HI Ryan,
 Do you have any wild hogs in the area? If so find a trapper and you could get some small ones for cheap I would think. We are over run with them down here. They are good eating though.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version