Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A new CAMCORDER - BEEMASTER VIDEO ON THE WAY  (Read 3310 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
A new CAMCORDER - BEEMASTER VIDEO ON THE WAY
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:50:41 am »
My Wife Surprised me with an ALL EXPENSE PAID SHOPPING SPREE last night at Circuit City. For some time NOW I have bee researching Camcorders for home and web coasting. I had the list down to 5 in the $400-$700 range and 4 into the $1000 to $1500 range - these were dream numbers, comparing a quality home camcorder to a semipro model that I could do more documentary style content with.

I came home with a Panasonic 3CCD (a major feature I had in my check list) and that has tons of manual and auto bells and whistles. I recorded and played on the computer last night about 30 minutes of context taken in all room light conditions, I used the LED night lamp for recording outside in total darkness, I tried my wireless mic system out and was able to talk in crystal clear sound 30 ft from the camera at a normal voice.

I was (and still am) blown away at the colors in limited lighting and the sharpness and lack of fuzz you often see in low lighting. The 10X optical and 700X digital zoom (it limits itself to 10/27 so you don't go pixelated) and the 27 digital setting was still quite impressive.

The files are saved in AVI and I have 3 great editing programs to get into documentary stuff right away. I'll put something together tomorrow for you lucky broadbanders to see streaming - you diapers may need to download it first. But I'll keep the size small enough to not inflate the file size too much, but I'll be giving you HIGH CLARITY - just to show it off a bit.

This was a great gift, including camera, a nice case, extra 4 hour battery, light-shoe, 6 Mini-DV tapes and some other accessories to complete my surprise gift.

I thank my wife for this. It has been a rough week with my Mom's passing. I just received her ashes today and tomorrow we will place her by my father and brother in a private ceremony. Have a few hours to charge batteries, read books on how to use everything thing and all REALLY help this day go smoother than it could - My wife Tracey is a great gift from God, you have not nor never will hear me ever say a negative word about her - she is the girl that every boy (and we have been together 22 years now) who is PROUD to take home and meet the parents.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 07:50:21 am »
:D

Sounds like a GREAT Camcorder!

Cant wait to see the video!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 07:52:59 am »
I can't wait to see it!

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:37:49 pm »
When I first got interested in beekeeping, I enjoyed your beekeeping course a lot.  What about making an introduction series about beekeeping?  I am sure that woul have been popular!

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:03:22 pm »
I know it would be VERY help full, I would love it if you could make short segments on how to tend to youre bee's. Cause its very frustrating not knowing what to do and not be able to see it.

And yes It would be a big hit
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

anything