Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Proposed experiment  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Proposed experiment
« on: October 25, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

Here's a paragraph written by Fred Reed that explains to some extent how cops don't have the time to fully identify threats and sometimes wind up shooting unarmed people.   Other timed, they don't get to go home at the end of the shift -- or ever.

"Let?s drop the ?You are a cop? narrative. Instead, let?s try an experiment. In your living room, no adrenaline, no darkness, no danger, I will turn my back on you, holding in front of me in one hand a Day-Glo yellow plastuc banana and, in the other, a realistic plastic pistol. You, in calm, perfectly safe circumstances, will point a ?pistol? at me. Your finger will do fine. I will turn as fast as I can with one or the other in my hand. You have to shoot or not.

You will find, no matter how many times we try the experiment, that I can turn and fire (if I turn with the gun) before you can decide whether I have a gun or a Day-Glo banana. Try it in a dark alley."  -- Fred Reed (fredoneverything.com)
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Proposed experiment
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:27:09 pm »
Correction:  his blog is at fredoneverything.org, not .com.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Proposed experiment
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:40:59 am »
Dallas,
I haven't tried it but sounds about right.
That is why we need to teach our.children that when a cop tells how to do something, yuu do it.
These kids that end up on the news act like they are taught to ignore the cops.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin