Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Well... crap....  (Read 3205 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Well... crap....
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 03:55:15 pm »
Yes, Ms Member, heat index or chill index, or chill factor is applied to warm blooded animals only, not objects such as water or Formic acid.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 05:14:27 pm »
Thank you Mr Van and Member for your explanations. Like 30, I was wondering also. Also thanks Ace...
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 06:28:53 pm »
Good answers.
I?ll just keep to myself now in my own dumb little corner for dumb people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 06:46:12 pm »
Good answers.
I?ll just keep to myself now in my own dumb little corner for dumb people.

Hey, how do you think us "smart people" got smart?  By asking questions.  :wink:   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 06:51:02 pm »
I do understand that it?s primarily about sweat evaporation. My thinking was, possibly only mental, but I can walk outside on a humid day and the first breath is like trying to breathe through a rubber balloon. Add some gasses to that and I?d have to get away from the gasses so I can breath.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 06:59:21 pm »
I do understand that it?s primarily about sweat evaporation. My thinking was, possibly only mental, but I can walk outside on a humid day and the first breath is like trying to breathe through a rubber balloon. Add some gasses to that and I?d have to get away from the gasses so I can breath.

That essentially is the reason why the bees fan and beard when the formic treatment is in the hive, but their breathing systems are nothing like ours, so the analogy only goes so far.  I don't know, but I would doubt that humidity is a strain on their respiration.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything