Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Making creamed honey  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Aroc

• House Bee
Re: Making creamed honey
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 08:47:56 pm »
Did you heat your base honey (not seed honey)?

Nope.
You are what you think.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 09:21:57 pm »
John 3:16

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 06:28:14 pm »
If you whip some honey until it goes white, can't be too cold as it will burn out your beater, and then put it aside to candy you will probably come out with a smooth candy. This is then the seed for future batches.
Take the honey you want to cream and heat it to 50C to remove rogue crystals, allow to cool and stir in 500g of seed to 5kg of prepared honey.
Decant into your preferred containers and allow to set, it does set best at about 14C. Retain some for future seed.
We make about 400kg of creamed honey each year with this method.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 08:42:15 am »
Take the honey you want to cream and heat it to 50C to remove rogue crystals,
For those that like things raw as you state the honey already has seeds.  Just put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 months and it will crystallize completely and turn white.  Yes the crystals may be larger but so what?  They will not be any larger than granulated sugar that is in 90% of the sweet foods we eat.  Spread on warm toast or buns you will love it.
We are so use to processed foods that we don't know what is good.  I have yet to find a processed food that can beat the real deal.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 09:22:06 am »
Because we sell our creamed honey, it is expected to be smooth rather than just candied honey. We don't claim it to be raw and will tell a customer that wants raw honey to buy our whipped honey instead.
Whipped honey is almost a desert rather than a honey. The trapped air gives it a different flavour.

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 12:37:53 pm »
Take the honey you want to cream and heat it to 50C to remove rogue crystals,
For those that like things raw as you state the honey already has seeds.  Just put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 months and it will crystallize completely and turn white.  Yes the crystals may be larger but so what?  They will not be any larger than granulated sugar that is in 90% of the sweet foods we eat.  Spread on warm toast or buns you will love it.
We are so use to processed foods that we don't know what is good.  I have yet to find a processed food that can beat the real deal.

there is not need for the heating part, Ace! just stir and be well.
Creamed honey is so much better than the natural crystalization. at least for canola, that is.
otherwise I am with you!!!

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 01:39:41 pm »
I have no experience with canola.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline robirot

• House Bee
    • Finest German Carnolians and more
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »
Y, Canola isn't very common in the US. Which i always wonder, regarding the taste oft many US sweets.
It is a honey, which dosn't have a very distinktiv flavour, it's sweet and smooth in taste. If you don't cream it propper, it becomes  really hard and tastes way sweeter (for most people way to sweet, and masking the flavour).

A good honey for everyday usw and fruit tea.

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 03:14:44 pm »
Y, Canola isn't very common in the US. Which i always wonder, regarding the taste oft many US sweets.
It is a honey, which dosn't have a very distinktiv flavour, it's sweet and smooth in taste. If you don't cream it propper, it becomes  really hard and tastes way sweeter (for most people way to sweet, and masking the flavour).

A good honey for everyday usw and fruit tea.

ok.
but when you started creaming once you wanna do it for basswood and other honeys, too. cause it`s so much smoother and nicer. And the aroma does come out better.

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 05:57:02 pm »
Canola does candy with smaller crystals, but is an extremely mild honey in flavour, I relate it to a sweet called "Barley sugar".
We do blend honeys to get a flavour that appeals to our customer. Also some honeys set better than others, canola does set rock hard, so some may be used but it needs to be blended very well to prevent hard bits in your creamed honey.

anything