Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Price of bulk honey  (Read 3030 times)

Offline SouthAussieBeekeeper

• House Bee
Price of bulk honey
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:46:35 am »
I believe last year, bulk honey was being around for around $5. I'm not sure if it's true, but I'm told now it's being sold for around $7 a kilo. Allegedly this is because of the six year long honey drought that's in Australia.

Is this true? I'm struggling to keep up with fluctuating honey prices. How much does 10 kilos sell for nowadays? What about 25? What about 100?

Offline Russ

• New Bee
Re: Price of bulk honey
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 08:06:32 pm »
Certainly a topic of interest to me as I will have bulk to sell this season. I was informed by a Capilano supplier that last season prices where $4.80/kg, max and can be a lot less. I cannot find wholesale market prices listed anywhere, such as with all other market produce, cattle, sheep etc. Are there any processors that list there bulk purchase pricing. Does anyone know if the current wholesale prices of all buyers are listed anywhere for comparison. Is this a closed market, by supply contract only, and prices are arranged by agreement between processors to the disadvantage of producers?

Offline CaliBeeFarmer

• Brood
Re: Price of bulk honey
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 03:40:38 pm »
I?m not sure if there are processors that post current bulk pricing so you?ll probably have to make a few phone calls. The USDA does report on honey so it should give you at least a rough idea of where the market is at.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/fvmhoney.pdf

anything