Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping outfits in Fort Lauderdale?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline mathew

• House Bee
Beekeeping outfits in Fort Lauderdale?
« on: November 04, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »
I'll be taking a trip down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and was hoping to visit a bee supplier to buy some hive supplies. Anyone has a recommendation?

I'll be travelling from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West. Most of my time will be in Ft. Lauderdale south beachside.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:35:33 pm by mathew »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Beekeeping outfits in Fort Lauderdale?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »
I'm about 2 hrs north of there and couldn't really say what's down that way but if you decide to head north for a while I'd be glad to hook you up.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline mathew

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »
Thanks Scott! Do you have a list of what you supply?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »
I'm not really sure what it is you're looking for? I make hive bodies ( deep, Illinois, 3/4, and shallow) telescoping tops w/inner covers and migratory tops and a myriad of bottom boards...mostly to order so if you'd like any of that you'll have to pm me before your trip. There are several small distributors for Mann Lake and Brushy Mountain etc. all within an hour or so as well. Some carry stock and some don't, it really comes down to what you need.

You can also contact Understudy on this site who is in the West Palm area for something a little closer to your destination.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline mathew

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 12:18:36 pm »
I"m looking for a sugar dust blower, a frame stand and to really just browse thru a bee supply shop to discover what I may just need. I thought I'll buy some supplies while I'm in Ft Lauderdale to beat the high taxes and shipping charges to Canada.

anything