Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from MA  (Read 2403 times)

Offline lamalu

• New Bee
Hi from MA
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:27:30 pm »
Hello all,
I just started bee school after being interested for a long time. I intend to spend this year soaking up all the information I can before taking the plunge. I've got too much unused equipment from other hobbies! I've learned my lesson!
Thanks for sharing all your experiences, I'm really enjoying this forum.
Elena
To bee or not to bee

Offline jimmy

• House Bee
Re: Hi from MA
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »
hello Elena from one new bee to another. Are you taking an online course or going to a formal class room?Jimmy.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:01 pm »
Welcome to beemaster. We are crazy about bees, Some of us are just plain crazy, but we all have one thing in common...Bees!!!! Have fun learning, you will make friends here.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 12:34:15 am »
Elana, wonderful that you are taking a bee course.  You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until you get your bees, you will never believe how intriguing the honeybee and all their antics are.  This is a place that you can learn as much as you want, ask any question, the questions will get great and wonderful answers.  Glad that you found us, a very friendly group of people, all with one common interest (or several for that matter), but the most common interest is the honeybee.  Have a great and beautiful life, lovin' our lives we live. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline lamalu

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:26:47 am »
Jimmy: I am taking a beekeeping course live. It's run by a club fairly close to my work. $40 for 7 weeks including membership in the club and a book. I think that's a good deal! The people are really nice. The club is in NH tho so I'm thinking about joining one in MA as well.
Have you bought bees yet?
To bee or not to bee

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:43:42 am »
Jimmy: I am taking a beekeeping course live. It's run by a club fairly close to my work. $40 for 7 weeks including membership in the club and a book. I think that's a good deal! The people are really nice. The club is in NH tho so I'm thinking about joining one in MA as well.
This is how much our club charges, too, per family, they get bee school, a book and membership for a year.  Our classes are every other Thursday for eight sessions.  Hopefully at the end we'll have an install, too.

Offline GarlyDog

• New Bee
    • Sugar Creek Orchard
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 06:17:11 pm »
Bee school?    That sounds great.    Makes me wish there was a club closer to me.     
Garlydog