Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apiinvert & ApiFonda  (Read 16807 times)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
Apiinvert & ApiFonda
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:43:23 am »
Have our European Friends use Apiinvert Sugar Syrup and ApiFonda Sugar Fondant made by Sudzucker for feeding their girls ? What is your assessment ? I wonder why it cannot be found in the USA.  :)

Offline Somerford

• House Bee
Re: Apiinvert & ApiFonda
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:26 am »
Personally, I use neither. I think you can still buy ApiFonda but I use a bakers fondant instead - cheap and ready made, although I mix my own syrup feed.

There are number of bee food products available for beekeepers in the UK - including BeeVital and other pollen type substitutes, but again I have never tried them - they seem a bit expensive for negligable return in my opinion.

regards

S
God Save The Queen

Offline araddaniel

• Brood
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:28:05 pm »
Have our European Friends use Apiinvert Sugar Syrup and ApiFonda Sugar Fondant made by Sudzucker for feeding their girls ? What is your assessment ? I wonder why it cannot be found in the USA.  :)

Do you know what it is the price for Apifona?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »
  Hi guys --what about a product i read about--NEOPOLL-are there others  :) RDY-B

Offline beequeensro

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:32:03 am »
These products:
Apiinvert - glucose-fructose syrup for feeding bees. Best results in early spring, for stimulation. The bees will consume it very quickly in winter, is not so consistent like honey! So be careful and check the hives if you feed them in fall with apiinvert. Price: about 1 euro/kg.
Apifonda - solid food, is ok to feed the bees in winter, but I prefer to feed them with powder sugar and honey (sugar patties), is more natural. Price: about 1,50-2 euro/kg.
     Nektapol - German pollen patties made with pollen substitute. 4,45€/kg.
     Neopol - German pollen patties made with natural pollen from Germany. 4-5€/kg.
     These are good for stimulation in early spring, after the bees makes at least 1 cleaning flight.
Of course there are other products you can try feeding/stimulating bees, anyway a good nectar flow or a good natural pollen picking is the best "engine" for the bee family to grow.

Offline The Man on the 34 Bus

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:24:19 pm »
I  use Apiinvert syrup  or Ambrosia syrup in autumn, we buy it by the pallot load and autumn feed 2 to 3 gallons, much easier that making gallons of 2:1 syrup with cane sugar, though can be difficult to start them feeding though as it has no smell, i add a small amount of thymol to makethen l ,find it

i have lot of late ivy nectar near the hives so dont need any fondant (apiinvert ,apifond or ambrosia comes in the fondant form or syrup)....The names you mentioned to uk beekepers would normally mean the fondant type feeds as the syrups  version of the products are less used..as the main retsler in the uk adds quite a high deliver changre, hence why we but in bulk direct from germany at £13 per 2 imp Gallons

i use neopol about now to increase brood  (also in apidea mating nucs)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:34:10 pm »
Do you know what it is the price for Apifona?

In bulk we pay 236 swedish krowns for 15kg of apifonda.

42 krowns for 1kg neopoll

mvh edward  :-P

Offline saperica

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »
well in croatia we can buy a enzym for inverting sugar solution, or for inverting a powder sugar mix for fondant.