Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Morons running our colleges  (Read 3039 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Morons running our colleges
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 10:18:26 pm »
I would have FLOWN there and removed them for $20K...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:44:53 am »
heheh  ditto!
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 02:51:02 pm »
lol   :cool:  and folks say my prices are too high.

Going to print 50 copies to give to customers!

Don

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 08:19:33 am »
Hell I would have flown down and done it for $10K... I even would have felt guilty about it. Does that $30k include demolition/reconstruction of the building or just bee removal and plugging the holes? There must be more to this story... Then again... I am sure to offend some academics but... Those who can't do, teach... Those who can't teach, administrate... Those who can't administrate teach future administrators... (The last part I added because I used to work for a school that fired the superintendent and now he teaches administrative classes at SUNY Cortland) Sometimes academics aren't the smartest dogs in the pack...
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »
I definitely need to raise my fees.
 :grin:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »
This is why it costs so much for tuition.   :angry:

In reality, we don't know the scope of the project.  That may have included complete historic restoration or something.   :wink:

Offline chux

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 10:12:27 am »
The building didn't look so "historic" to me. Not really any need to cut the walls open, anyway. Seal every seam and crack in the structure anywhere near the entry points. Set the funnel and the hive. Replace the box as needed. I guess you think a little differently when you are paying with other people's money. I wonder how many quotes they got. I wonder who the school put in charge of selecting the contractor. We all know that you can spend as much as you want to do something. The premium product.

anything