Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: Run o' the Mill Jokes
« Last post by animal on May 30, 2024, 01:18:55 pm »
A guy walks into a bar with a baby seal.

Bartender says "I have just what you need!"

and hands him a Canadian Club.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: ATF Killed a Man in Arkansas
« Last post by animal on May 30, 2024, 12:58:54 pm »
Luckily his wife wasn't holding a baby in her arms...

Great dark tag !  :cool:

Actually, Biden didn't sign the rule since the way the utterly screwed up laws surrounding firearms allow the director of ATFE to write rules and regulations on how the law is to be enforced. The biggest problem here is that they have been exceeding their authority and redefining terms within the law to the point of changing the law itself.
The new definition of "engaged in the business" took effect on 4-10-24, after the Malinowski raid.
There has always been a "gray area" between a hobbyist and "engaged in the business" but the line of definition has always been considered to be whether firearms trading/selling was a principal source of income for the seller. That line is what has changed .. to an incredibly strict and nebulous definition.
Malinowski was accused of making straw purchases ... purchasing from a dealer with the intent of transferring to another person. This has been illegal since GCA '68, and what the warrant was based on.

The many and egregious problems with this raid are about how the warrant (and Malinowski) was executed. 

« Last post by FatherMichael on May 30, 2024, 12:53:50 pm »

Ayup.
« Last post by Michael Bush on May 30, 2024, 12:18:28 pm »
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / ATF Killed a Man in Arkansas
« Last post by FatherMichael on May 30, 2024, 12:03:29 pm »
Illegitimate Joe signed a new "rule" recently, which bans the private sale of guns.

Bryan Malinowski sold guns as a vendor at gun shows.  He has no criminal record.

At least 10 ATF agents pursuant to a search warrant under said new "rule" burst into Malinowski's home before sunrise.  They did not wear body cams and taped the Ring doorbell before forcible entry.

The story is that he shot at them and he was shot in the head.

It sounds to me like he was murdered for exercising his constitutional rights.

He had been surveilled and, at a gun show, asked duplicitous questions by a plainclothes officer.

Malinowski was an executive at the Clinton airport at Little Rock.

Mr. Malinowski, did you know about the rule change?

What did you think was happening when someone broke into your house?

Dead men can't testify against the government.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arkansas-airport-executive-killed-shootout-was-investigation-weapons-s-rcna144572
GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF / Re: Halation
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on May 30, 2024, 11:00:13 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Where in San Diego do you live. I lived in San Diego back in the 80s.
Jim Altmiller
« Last post by Terri Yaki on May 30, 2024, 10:40:38 am »
Welcome to Beemaster, Halation! :happy: Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have. We also have a Farming and Country Life section if you would like to talk homesteading with us.  My family and I are homesteaders as well.

You do not need a lot of land to homestead. I know of people who are homesteading on less than an acre.
More interesting. That sounds like a tight operation. For some reason I think they're pretty compressed in Sand Diego, between the ocean and the cliffs.
« Last post by The15thMember on May 30, 2024, 09:40:13 am »
Welcome to Beemaster, Halation! :happy: Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have. We also have a Farming and Country Life section if you would like to talk homesteading with us.  My family and I are homesteaders as well.

Welcome, halation, homestead in San Diego sounds interesting. I didn?t think there was enough contiguous land in San Diego for a homestead but it sounds interesting.
You do not need a lot of land to homestead. I know of people who are homesteading on less than an acre.
HONEYBEE REMOVAL / Re: This Girl has the JP//Schawee Touch!
« Last post by Michael Bush on May 30, 2024, 08:05:42 am »
There is plenty of documentation for the last 2 centuries of people showing off with bees with no protective equipment.  It is educational in that it shows that bees are not necessarily intent on stinging you.  My guess is that beekeepers have been doing this since there were humans.  Certainly for millennia.  I never heard anyone criticize them until lately.
It is a mistake to assume either marked or unmarked when looking for a queen.  She could have been replaced.  They could have cleaned the dot off.  Your marked queen could have swarmed etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10