Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Greensboro, NC  (Read 1893 times)

Offline dingrr

• New Bee
Greetings from Greensboro, NC
« on: April 17, 2020, 10:22:46 pm »
Hey everybody, I'm not yet a beekeeper but currently enrolled in an online course through MSU.  Fascinating so far.  I was hoping to find a somewhat local mentor for some up close and personal learning but with this social distancing, I may miss out on half of the season.  Anyway, I'll be reading up on the vast amount of information you have all shared here.  Thanks for the warm welcome!
Dan Kunz

Offline NCNate

• New Bee
Re: Greetings from Greensboro, NC
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:58:53 pm »
Hey Dan!  I just joined as well. I'm from close to Mt. Airy, NC and also a new beekeeper this year.
Good luck with the class and have fun!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 06:04:10 am »
I'm fairly close to you, Dan.  I'm fairly new myself. I only started keeping in 1976. We will be resuming the Guilford beekeeping club  "https://guilfordbeekeepers.org/"  meetings as soon as allowed, but in the meantime, you can get all the info, equipment, and bees you want here.   WWW.Beezneedz.com
Welcome to the forum. You've got  a lot of good people here, plus me.
Welcome to you, too, Nate.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 06:58:40 am »
NCNate and dingrr,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Hopefully we can bee your mentor, at least until this is over.
We love to answer your questions. Don?t worry about asking questions that have been asked before. We don?t mind at all.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 08:15:01 am »
Good morning and welcome.
When you join NC State Beekeepers Association, members receive a copy of the yellow book- the NCSBA membership directory. This should help you locate other beeks in your vicinity as well.

https://www.ncbeekeepers.org/membership/join-or-renew-now

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16:05 am »
... Don?t worry about asking questions that have been asked before. We don?t mind at all.
Jim Altmiller

This is what I appreciate most about this forum. I KNOW I'm asking questions that have been covered 100's of times already, by every beeginner beek. Everyone here is always polite and happy to answer again ... and again. ... and .... again. I really appreciate that.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

anything