Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Label Design  (Read 4978 times)

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
Re: Honey Label Design
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2023, 12:01:16 pm »
That?s quite a valid point. Do you print your own or are they commercially made? I did look at them a couple of years ago but they were very expensive in my local area. The larger companies in the big cities may be able to make them for a cheaper price. Large print runs also helped to reduce label costs.

I laser-print print my own.  Avery's Weatherproof White Film labels are my go-to (Product #5523 (2x4") for most jars).  They cost 7 cents per label, plus toner...likely about 8.5 cents all-inclusive for most label designs.  So long as I'm at 10 cents or less per label, I'm happy.

I have other sizes of the same weatherproof labels as well for smaller jars for wedding favors etc. that we customize labels for.

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2023, 02:28:18 pm »
The description of the label you want is almost identical to what I wanted when I first had mine designed. My original design came from Amy?s Labels some years ago.  She and I did it together at the time.  Unfortunately, she?s no longer doing it to my knowledge.

So I went to Vistaprint with my original and they did an update with me in real time. Design services are very cheap.  A session with live screen share is about $10.  They have countless templates, designs, fonts. And even more design ideas!  They will come back with several designs from your verbal descriptions.  And they will design yours from scratch.  You get 3 free redos too! I highly recommend them.  Give them a call.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 02:45:21 pm by 2Sox »
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Online Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 06:47:01 pm »
Hi Folks,

Haven?t posted in this thread for quite a while so I thought I?d give you a bit of an update. The beauty of designing your own labels is that they can be altered and changed when ever the need arises. I reckon since I started this thread about 50 different styles and sizes of label have been attempted and used. Over time I have experimented with a range of ideas and have finally stopped making changes and have settled on exactly what I feel comfortable with. Feedback from customers has also helped. I use sticky labels on small jars and squeeze bottles but everything else is a 60mm swing tag. They dress up an ordinary looking jar and give a rustic look (which was an initial design constraint) I compete with two other honey sellers at my local markets and I want my jars to look a bit different. I can get 12 labels from an A4 sheet of card with a small amount of waste. The nutritional information etc is printed on the back of the tag. I found an informal, irregular and rustic border that I like which has the advantage of making the label cutting a simple process. Any slight errors in cutting out the label are not obvious and it is a real-time saver as you can trim the labels quickly. I now have a series of templates according to honey style and weight of the jar. The time spent on labelling has now been reduced to a point where it is actually a simple and enjoyable process.