Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just a very new person to beekeeping from NW Ohio  (Read 2006 times)

Offline my-smokepole

• House Bee
Just a very new person to beekeeping from NW Ohio
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »
Just shouting a Hello from NW Ohio. I think greener than grass to show how new I am to beekeeping.  Thought family I have got two hive and nothing else. Yes I know I need to get them order. Will start a new thread on that. Have three different set of family that is into bees all 65 + miles away. So I will be looking into the local club and for a mentor

My-smokeploe
My-smokepole

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Just a very new person to beekeeping from NW Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:48:06 pm »
My-smokepole.  Welcome to our forum, you will find all the help that you could need right here.  We are a group of people that love to help out with our stories, answers to your questions.  We will listen to your stories and experiences, it is a fun place to be.  Spend lots of time here and yes, join a beekeeping club.  Your family that has bees is quite a distance away, find someone nearby if you can, enjoy your stay with us, ask all the questions that you need to, have a wonderful and greatly awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:38:22 pm »
So is that a smoke pole for a tipi or is it a muzzle loader?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:41 am »
So is that a smoke pole for a tipi or is it a muzzle loader?

I pmed him and he said he's a rock thrower. I was still confused as his name to me spelled muzzleloader, He said is there anything else but flint locks? We were then on the same page. FFFG man here.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com