BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > THE TRADING POST

Wanted: Mighty Mite thermal treatment unit

<< < (3/3)

Squish:
I ran a treatment on the hive I was really worried about about a week ago and so far am super happy with it. Dead mites should be continuing to drop into the bottom tray for about two more weeks according to the experts in the mighty mite group that I follow, and then I should be good until much later in the season.  Tons of dead mites in the tray each time I check, and the bees seen super happy and strong, I?m looking forward to treating my other hive soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Framed:
Squish any news or updates for us? I am very interested.

Phillip

Squish:
Hi Phillip, honestly I?m really happy with the Mighty Mite, I did two treatments on each of my hives that had a heavy mite load, one early in the spring (our spring started very early this year here), and one more recently. Both hives are now doing great with low mite counts. I?m expecting to do another treatment on each in the fall to prepare them for winter. I?m thinking this is a great option for someone with a handful of hives, for more than about 5 or 6 I could see it not being as convenient, but I?m also learning ways to streamline the process to make it a bit simpler which helps.  If this is something you are interested in, I would recommend the Facebook user group Mighty Mite Thermal Treatment Users - the inventor/seller of the unit answers a lot of questions on there and there are plenty of users with really great info. Lynn is still having supply chain problems getting the parts to manufacture new units, but sometimes people post used units on there for sale (that?s how I found mine), and Lynn also keeps a waiting list for once he is able to resume production. I would highly recommend it. Happy to answer any questions that I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Squish on July 04, 2022, 02:32:23 am ---Hi Phillip, honestly I?m really happy with the Mighty Mite, I did two treatments on each of my hives that had a heavy mite load, one early in the spring (our spring started very early this year here), and one more recently. Both hives are now doing great with low mite counts. I?m expecting to do another treatment on each in the fall to prepare them for winter. I?m thinking this is a great option for someone with a handful of hives, for more than about 5 or 6 I could see it not being as convenient, but I?m also learning ways to streamline the process to make it a bit simpler which helps.  If this is something you are interested in, I would recommend the Facebook user group Mighty Mite Thermal Treatment Users - the inventor/seller of the unit answers a lot of questions on there and there are plenty of users with really great info. Lynn is still having supply chain problems getting the parts to manufacture new units, but sometimes people post used units on there for sale (that?s how I found mine), and Lynn also keeps a waiting list for once he is able to resume production. I would highly recommend it. Happy to answer any questions that I can.

--- End quote ---
Thanks so much for the update, Squish!  It's great to hear good reviews on the Mighty Mite.  It's an interesting option for mite treatments. 

Ben Framed:
Squish,
Thank you for your response and update! And thank you for the tip about the user group Mighty Mite Thermal Treatment Users.

Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version