MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Below ground Locating

<< < (4/6) > >>

Occam:
I witch lines quite frequently in plumbing. Sure, we have line locators and advanced technology but it mostly doesn't work on pipes and can be cost prohibitive. I'd be lying if I said I got it 💯 every time but it works more than it doesn't for me. Fascinating topic and practice, and intriguing idea of Troutdogs with the Hartman lines

NigelP:
In the UK they douse for Ley lines and hives sited on these supposedly do better than those not sited on them.
The problem I have is a mate who is a big a believer of this and has told me that non of my hives are on ley lines yet they produce 4x as much honey as his that are situated on them.
I simply believe siting strong hives near good forage and bit of decent foraging weather is the more simple solution.

Michael Bush:
>The problem I have is a mate who is a big a believer of this and has told me that non of my hives are on ley lines yet they produce 4x as much honey as his that are situated on them.

:)

animal:
Dunno ... I think that most belief in dowsing is due to a combination of confirmation bias and luck. However, there do seem to be some cases where a particular person seems to have almost uncanny success with the method. From personal experience, I would lean toward the rods (or whatever else is used) acting as a crutch to access the subconscious.
Humans just can't be still. As steady as we think we are, we are constantly moving. Anyone that successfully shoots knows the effect of breathing. Do some long distance shooting with a scope and you can see the effect of the heart. Beyond that, there are micro-tremors caused by minute muscle contractions, of which we are almost entirely unaware. The dowsing rods are constructed so that they are extremely sensitive to movement or tilt. Thus, it would be very easy to cause movement in them without being aware of doing it.
If the unconscious movements of your body are being directed by the subconscious, the rods would seem to move on their own. If the subconscious is using information from prior experience, it could account for accuracy. The fun thing is ... you may be unaware of the information the subconscious is using ... since you may not have consciously noticed it when you received it.
There are no scientifically controlled studies that I know of that have ever shown dowsing to be effective. There have been a few studies that point to the stuff i described above as being how a ouija board works (when people aren't just shoving it around) ... no spirits or magic needed.
My personal experience" is through self hypnosis/relaxation techniques and visualization and I have found pipes and cell phones through it. (and why this thread got my attention). Finding the last cell phone was by remembering my foot hitting something while crawling through attic insulation. The last pipe was a septic line.. after sitting in the middle of the yard and going through my little routine, I opened my eyes and suddenly saw differences in the grass that I hadn't been able to see before... first jab with the probe and bingo!
But... everything I have said may be a result of my own confirmation bias. Science is a process to find truth, not a system of beliefs.

NigelP:
One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge Randi Prize
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

As no-one has ever proved they had paranormal ability and over 1000 people have tried....and it including dowsing.... the challenge has been dropped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version