Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hygienic queens/packages in NC?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Duc Duck Doc

• New Bee
Hygienic queens/packages in NC?
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:54:19 pm »
Hi there!
After last night's beekeeping class, I'm terrified of Varroa mites! I'd like to increase my chances of beekeeping success by getting hygienic queens (for future requeening) and, if possible, packages (which need to be within driving distance from Chapel Hill). Thank you!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Hygienic queens/packages in NC?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:01 am »
You can have packages shipped to you.  Wolf Creek has treatment free small cell bees.
https://wolfcreekbees.com/collections/all
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:54 pm »
Go to www.Waynsbees.com  After reading that, go to www.beezneedz.com  They are just outside High point. Very short ride from Siler City.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 08:05:36 am »
Go to www.Waynsbees.com  After reading that, go to www.beezneedz.com  They are just outside High point. Very short ride from Siler City.
Wally you mean www.waynesbees.com.  Doc: I got a couple queens from them a couple years ago. If you manage them to keep them you won't need chemicals. They like to haul out contaminated brood; my brood nests don't get very big. They make some honey, tho.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:10:26 am »
Thanks. I missed the e.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything