Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The number isn't a number.  (Read 9178 times)

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
The number isn't a number.
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:56:10 am »
Chuck Missler on the Mark of the Beast 666

I posted this one because of the photograph in the left end of the screen. The picture is of "the number" of the beast in the Vatican codex. A date of some kind is on it, so I'm not sure if that is in the actual hand of the disciple John or not. (but it's old).
I'm excited to post on this because I've had a math "history" class which included learning (among other ancient numbers) Ionic and Attic Greek numbers.
There are some glaring things in the picture and in the interpretations that simply DON'T ALIGN.
First  - the correct way to express 666 in Ionic Greek numbers is: Chi, Xi, DIGAMMA (600+60+6=666) - sort of like our (also) base ten numbers.
Ionic numbers fit together as hundreds, tens, ones. in order.   Everyone who speaks on THAT number says "Chi, Xi, SIGMA (not sTigma -whole other word)
1. Ionic numbers don't work like that (100's+10's+100's? NO!) Chi,Xi,Sigma=600+60+200=860
2. The "third" character is neither a Digamma OR a Sigma. - it sort of vaguely resembles a sigma - same way a rabbit sort of looks like a water buffalo. (four legs, ears, a nose, etc.)
I saw a video where someone installed the correct character for six (the digamma) and called it a sigma - the one in the codex is most definitely NOT a digamma - even if the author were barfing drunk and had eaten suspicious mushrooms - it isn't a digamma.
I sincerely believe it aint a sigma neither - AND it doesn't make sense as a number IF IT WAS. (860 would be expressed as omega,Xi)
I can't read Arabic and I've heard two different interpretations on it. (the muslim's interpretation was based on the inappropriately installed digamma.)
I prefer hearing Walid Shoebat talk on it, but he didn't provide an actual image of the "number".
Anyway, I'm just glad I could offer that bit on greek numbers.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: The number isn't a number.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:20:29 am »
I figure anybody as smart as God is going to be doing his math in hex.  Hence 666 = 0x029A. 

Most of us probably already have the mark on the beast in the hex code of our Windows/Mac operating system.   The end is near, harvest your honey now!

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:35:31 am »
:p linux - but I don't know hex.
also - please ignore the commas above - I used them to separate the names of the characters  - I forgot that comma is a multiplier.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »
That's all way above my head.  I had to take algebra twice in college to get through it. 

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »
That's all way above my head.  I had to take algebra twice in college to get through it. 

I only added the number values as illustration - but it's kind of similar to someone today insisting that something that looks almost nearly kind of sort of like a Q (but there's no way it's a Q either) is an S.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
So should be take a poll?  Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?

I suppose “smart phones” could also apply since they can be used for commerce.  I suppose that tilts in the direction of Steve Jobs.  I never did like that apple stuff  :evil:

If you look at the code in any digital machine (computer, phone, car ECM) with a hex viewer you’re going to find the number 666 or 0x029A at least once.  If the doom sayers and looking for a number, the hex code is the place to look!   I suppose you could claim a car is used for commerce.  Cars now have lots of code in them to control the engine, trans, brakes, etc, so maybe it is General Motors?

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »
actually I'm saying the number is a picture of some words and not a number at all. - use whatever number you want - 666 or 860 - neither fit the Ionic greek numbering.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 10:48:16 pm »
I hear ya.  I’m just wondering why people are looking for some obscure picture glyph when there are lots of places to find a 666 number today?  The obscure picture glyph doesn’t seem to fit the concept of “number of the beast” anyways since the number/symbol/mark would supposedly be used by virtually everybody at the end of the days.  We don't use those old symbols anymore. 

I suppose the relevancy of those old symbols depends upon your interpretation of Revelations.  Was it a description of ancient Rome or it is a predictor of something that has yet to occur? 

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 11:29:41 pm »
Well I didn't come up with the idea that it's a picture of some word(s) in Arabic. (in fact, some Christian and muslim scholars generally agree that it's most likely something in Arabic - they just sharply disagree about what the words are. - this is normal)
the only unique thing I could offer was the above argument about why it doesn't fit as Ionic greek anyway. (because I can recognize and use the ionic numbers [correctly] - they're online too anyway to cross reference) Most of the scholars state that whenever numbers were used everywhere else - they were spelled out "two-hundred-thirty" or whatever the number would be.