Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Party before planting...  (Read 4812 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Party before planting...
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:24:54 am »
Here I am, center, a very very NEWbee ( don't have bees yet, just all the stuff )...with my daughter ( on the right ) as she has me partying in Hollywood before I plant my crop of dahlias, and will not be leaving the ranch for a while...

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
Re: Party before planting...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:50:39 am »
Hey - a whole 'nother forum section I had not yet seen.  What? No replies to this thread!?  Ok, I'll bite.  Cute quintet of ladies!!  Daughter on the right?  Probably sounds cliche' but, it sincerely is difficult to imagine you two not being very close in age.

I've been meaning to ask - do bee's like dahlias?  My neighbor's have a load of them.

Cheers,
Dane

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:17:12 am »
Bees LOVE dahlias! Especially the disc centered varieties...I have 2 rows of disc centered and there are zillions of bees on them...

Yup, that is my girl on the right...quite a gorgeous girl, inside and out...but then I AM the mom... ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:56:03 am »
Sharon, man oh man alive, I haven't visited this forum for so long, slap my wrist.  YOu posted this picture in April, oh brother, I don't know how I miss so many posts, I must get on top of this, hee, hee.  What a beautiful picture of your daughter and the others.  So nice also, to put a face to a forum friend.  Yeah!!! 

So, the bees love the disc centred varieties, didn't know that.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:21:23 am »
HAHAH Yes Cindi...the bees prefer the open centers, as it is easier to get to the goods!  My daughter lives and works in Hollywood, and when I go visit she takes me out and I have to "dress Hollywood"...hahahaha  Always a fun time!

Cheers & Hugs

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:38:20 pm »
Oooh, Sharon, I bet you have the time of your life in that wood (meaning Holly).  Nice that your Daughter takes you out (on the town?  heee, heee, I bet there are some neat places).  I don't think I could the clothes around my wardrobe to dress up like I imagine you do  :) :) :)  Have a wonderful day, best of this great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything