Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New"bee"  (Read 1961 times)

Offline moT

• New Bee
New"bee"
« on: April 12, 2007, 05:40:59 pm »
Howdy folks from central Texas. I am a Scoutmaster in Dripping Springs, TX. I have several boys and another former beekeeper willing to resurrect a retired merit badge. So we are hiving our first package of bees this evening, as well as retrieving a feral colony from a construction site! First day back into beekeeping after about fifteen years and already it's a busy one. Hopefully the feral colony will supply another hive or give enough brood comb to patch into a new frame and boost the package. I do have two new queens as the first package arrived on Good Friday with only about 200 bees alive. They are hanging in there but I have to do something with the queen real soon. Hoping the feral colony will accept her if I can find the old queen.

I'll be back...............after dark!

moT

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: New"bee"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:50:57 pm »
Welcome aboard.
It is nice to read that you are bringing beekeeping to the next generation.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: New"bee"
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:55:58 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster,  I also am glad to see others get young people intrested in beekeeping and hope to hear more on how thing are going with the package and feral hives.