Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: way are my bees not reading the same books I do?  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Beeninja

• New Bee
way are my bees not reading the same books I do?
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:18 pm »
This is my second year with my TBH. The girls started out great, lots of honey good brood pattern and separate brood chamber. Now my bees are mixing it all up, scattered brood pattern with honey on top and between the brood pattern. The question I have is, is my queen week or just lazy? The hive is full of bees, brood in all stages, just all over the hive. The both ends are food stores three frames deep the middle 13 bars are a mixture of everything . What can I or should I do? any and all advise is welcome

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
Re: way are my bees not reading the same books I do?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »
I am by no means a TBH expert.  But I don't hear anything too alarming about your report.  It's normal to have some amount of food around the brood, but you seem to think it's a lot.  Is there a possibility that you have a flow in your area and they are backfilling faster than the queen can lay?  When was the last time you added more bars to your hive?

Offline Beeninja

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »
The hive has several empty bars and they have not built on yet. There is a flow but the queen was keeping up until lately.  I maybe over thinking this?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:05:51 am by Beeninja »

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »
Where are your empty bars?  To the outside of the honey frames?  If so, I would move them in to where the brood is.