Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee removal from tower 3  (Read 2360 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Bee removal from tower 3
« on: May 26, 2018, 08:31:17 pm »
The next morning we expected to bee able to get in and remove the rest of the comb to the arch and be finished by noon...
I was going to use my cutout tools that Divemaster made for me. I did a test probe with one of them and found out it did not stop. Here is the next section. It was very heavy, the stucco was very thick on this piece.

Finally we reached the top. It is just below the 1? thick header beam.

I was expecting to find the queen in the very top corner of the comb. I carefully worked my way into it bee by bee and comb by comb but she was not there. After I got off the ladder Judy pointed to the far left corner and asked what those bees were doing on the ground. I ran right over and under a ball of bees was the queen. It is hard to see her but she is in there.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Bee removal from tower 3
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:54:32 pm »
I want to have your luck Jim.  I know it is skill but I feel better when I call it luck.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:12:33 pm »
Jim, have you heard how John is doing?  He has been off the forum since November.  He had said he'd be off for a while, of course.

(John, if you are monitoring the site, I wish you the best.)
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »
Dallas,
I just called and talked to John (Divemaster1963). He has not been on since December when his wife went into the hospital. Regretfully she died in February. He has been overloaded trying to take care of his property and everything which is extremely difficult due to his work injury. He is trying to avoid having any more surgeries but he is in a lot of constant pain. He lost most of bees this past winter and he cannot do much more than watch them due to his injuries. He can no longer do bee removals which makes it worse.
I let him know you were asking about him and asked if it was ok to let everyone know his situation.
He hopes to be back on BeeMaster tomorrow.
Be sure to give him a warm welcome back.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 02:03:42 pm »
Jim,
I had been missing John's contributions for a while before asking you about his welfare.  Your reference to some tools he made for you told me you had a personal relationship with him, prompting me to ask you.  i sure wish there was some way to ease the burden on John, but I'm a long way from Georgia and having my own struggle with chemotherapy these days.  Chemo seems to be doing what is expected of it and I'm improving, but still have a couple of months of treatment left. 

After a while you get to feeling like you know somebody you've only "met" on Beemaster and you really do empathize with their losses and take pleasure in hearing of the good things they experience.  That's community, I guess.

Good luck to all.

Gary
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 03:22:48 pm »
Glad your chemo is working out for you.
You are right, you do seem to get to know people a lot on this site. Then when you get to meet them, like at BeeFest they are like old friends.
Hope to see you here this coming spring.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
Glad your chemo is working out for you.
You are right, you do seem to get to know people a lot on this site. Then when you get to meet them, like at BeeFest they are like old friends.
Hope to see you here this coming spring.
Jim

My wife and I are planning on being there.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:13 pm »
🤗
Ben Franklin

anything