Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gentle Bees, Beesuits Veils and Jackets  (Read 2690 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Gentle Bees, Beesuits Veils and Jackets
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2023, 06:35:01 pm »
Ben,
I have mentioned this before and I?ll say it again.
I have a good friend who, about 20 years ago was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. Her husband left her, she lost her job and house. She was so depressed, she wanted to end her life. She knew she was allergic to bees and bought a hive. The bee stings saved her. She gets a sting every day to keep the cancer under control. She is still alive and well today.
 Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 06:39:11 pm »
Ben,
I have a good friend who, about 20 years ago was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. Her husband left her, she lost her job and house. She was so depressed, she wanted to end her life. She knew she was allergic to bees and bought a hive. The bee stings saved her. She gets a sting every day to keep the cancer under control. She is still alive and well today.
 Jim Altmiller

Wow! That is amazing! I love hearing these encouraging testimonies!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2023, 06:42:29 pm »
More about the benefits of honey are being discussed on the topic: "Honey - it's not just for breakfast anymore..."

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=45761.msg395307#msg395307
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 07:34:17 pm »
Ben,
 Jim Altmiller
This is one of my favorite beekeeping stories I've ever heard. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Occam

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2023, 12:38:43 am »
I've only been keeping for a year now, so I'm still rather new to it all. That said I've never worn any protection except some rubber coated gloves. They definitely don't protect against stings but they grip well and breath better than nitrile gloves. I've received a few stings, sometimes a few, sometimes none. The inside the nose one rings true @Michael Bush, your eyes definitely water from that one
Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2023, 07:29:35 am »
I like getting the occasional sting.  There is something invigorating about it.  I do not like getting a lot of them all at once...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline AustinB

• House Bee
  • Christian, father, outdoorsman
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2023, 11:34:49 am »
I like getting the occasional sting.  There is something invigorating about it.  I do not like getting a lot of them all at once...

I share those same sentiments Michael
The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proberbs 16:24

anything