Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The power of honey  (Read 2587 times)

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
The power of honey
« on: December 10, 2022, 02:41:59 pm »
So I have been handing out and mailing my latest honey draw to my friends and loved ones. some in pints and some quarts.
I stopped by my favorite breakfast restaurant yesterday to run a jar into the sweet waitress that said she liked honey. She gave me the warmest hug.
So today I go to enjoy my little gravy biscuit platter. When I was done she told me that I owed nothing. I always decline twice when someone offers to pay. My great aunt always said don?t decojne three times as it makes the giver uncomfortable
So there?s the price of honey
1. Free gravy biscuits - $7.00

2. Nice warm hug - priceless
Do you use your honey to shower deserving people with the golden love?
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: The power of honey
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 03:28:11 pm »
I do!  :happy:  Whenever someone buys one of my sister's goat kids, I always give them a pint of honey.  I gave a whole quart of sourwood to our hay guy, because he is so nice and helpful and always picks out his best bales for our animals.  He used to be a beekeeper too, and he insisted on paying me for it, since he knew how valuable it was.  I still wish he would have just let me gift it to him.  Our tree guy is also a beekeeper, and I gave him a quart one time when he came to do a job for my dad, since he mentioned his bees hadn't made any honey that year.  I also gave a jar to our handyman once when he finished doing a big job for us.       
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 03:45:30 pm »
I knew I wasn?t alone - it?s such a powerful gift it seems
It?s up to me

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 05:51:41 pm »
Absolutely!
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 01:41:01 am »
Yes I do also Salty...

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 05:32:27 am »
Salty,
We usually give a jar of honey to people who do a good jobs b for us, as a thank you. Our Ferrier not only gets honey but also salsa and candied pecans, all of which comes from our farm. When we did removals, Judy often times would often times take a jar of honey and give it to the owner.
We are making up a gift of honey, wax candles and candied pecans as a White Elephant for the fire department Christmas party. Every time I when home to Pennsylvania I would take a lot of honey for family.
What is nice is that often times the people we give it to come back and become regular customers.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 06:21:49 pm »
I?ve found it?s not the honey itself but the stories it brings about
Happy holidays to all and really, as Louis Armstrong said all salutations are a way of saying I love you!
It?s up to me

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 09:10:36 pm »
I?ve found it?s not the honey itself but the stories it brings about
Happy holidays to all and really, as Louis Armstrong said all salutations are a way of saying I love you!

Thanks Salty for sharing the good thoughts Well said here at Christmas!......  Blessings!

Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 10:50:19 pm »
Blushes humbly!
It?s up to me

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2022, 07:59:43 am »
>Whenever someone buys one of my sister's goat kids...

I misread that the first time.  I missed "goat'... it makes a lot more sense with "goat in that sentence...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2022, 10:48:09 am »
Was wondering if he had a Harem of sisters he sold???? Lol
It?s up to me

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2022, 10:53:55 am »
When I had more  I used to give tons away.  It's especially helpful when you are trying to get someone to stop spraying the blooming blackberries! 

For a while my youngest granddaughter was going through it like milk.  I had given some to my son and he hid the jar thinking she would not find it.  When he took it out it had sugared and when he opened it he found that she had eaten the middle out of the jar and left just enough against the glass to make it look full   :cheesy:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2022, 11:21:49 am »

lol, Good one Salty but I don't she would sell any of her sisters.  :shocked: :grin:  They are a close family as it should be.  :grin: 

Phillip

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2022, 01:28:09 pm »
>Whenever someone buys one of my sister's goat kids...

I misread that the first time.  I missed "goat'... it makes a lot more sense with "goat in that sentence...

lol, Good one Salty but I don't she would sell any of her sisters.  :shocked: :grin:  They are a close family as it should be.  :grin: 

Phillip
Haha!  :cheesy:  I'm cracking up about this!  When I'm teaching the kids school, and they aren't understanding a question because they are misreading it, I always say, "If you read what's actually there, it will make sense!"  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 01:49:02 pm by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 02:04:11 pm »
Trouble is as traumatic as my childhood was Dyslexia and ADHD were the least of my problems and never diagnosed until I realized it at 50!
I had to manufacture workarounds in my simple brain to adjust to learning
I have only read about three books in my life never realizing as the words move around when I read them it  was my brain doing it and not because I was crazy!
My life experiences however more than accommodated my loss of formal education.
It?s up to me

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Salty many times Dyslexia folks wind up being high achievers. Don?t quote me but I think I remember reading General George Patton was also Dyslexia as well as other high achievers who learned their way around it! You are among good company!

Phillip

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 02:34:42 pm »
No wonder I still had the energy at 50 to start a very successful locksmith company that my ex partner enjoys today.
I was at the origin of online marketing in 2008 when I sat up days uncounted researching the best web directories to list my business on.
You couldn?t type loscksmith without my company at the top!
Now people charge 10 grand and 800 a month to provide that internet service to companies!
I?ve been blessed by god to realize what I?ve done is short of remarkable and I never fail to give grace to him.
They say your choices define you. It took 50 years to realize my choices as an adult at 17 were because my mom went crazy again and I had to drop out of high school to begin my arduous blue collar life. So it took years to realize that wasn?t my fault and get rid of the hatred.
Now my mind is very clear and happy.
And I?m smart!
It?s up to me

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 06:12:28 pm »
In that case you might like this old post.. Salty.. This fellow was in his sixties when his 'real' success hit..

Phillip

No doubt most of us caught a glimpse of Colonel Sanders in the movie, The Water Boy! lol
Meet the real Colonel Sanders.

https://youtu.be/6-cJy2Rdf4I

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2022, 06:13:35 pm »
No wonder I still had the energy at 50 to start a very successful locksmith company that my ex partner enjoys today.
I was at the origin of online marketing in 2008 when I sat up days uncounted researching the best web directories to list my business on.
You couldn?t type loscksmith without my company at the top!
Now people charge 10 grand and 800 a month to provide that internet service to companies!
I?ve been blessed by god to realize what I?ve done is short of remarkable and I never fail to give grace to him.
They say your choices define you. It took 50 years to realize my choices as an adult at 17 were because my mom went crazy again and I had to drop out of high school to begin my arduous blue collar life. So it took years to realize that wasn?t my fault and get rid of the hatred.
Now my mind is very clear and happy.
And I?m smart!
Good for you, Salty!  :happy:

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2022, 03:16:39 pm »
Particularly for the holidays, we give all of our neighbors honey along with our mail carrier, UPS driver, and even send surprise "thank you" gifts to our top customers.  During the year, we use them as additional thank-you tokens (along with a tip) when we have projects done around the home; People light up when you gift them honey!