ADMINISTRATION & HELP > COMPUTER TECH HELP FORUM

Host suggestions anyone

<< < (2/6) > >>

ZuniBee:
I have my own hosting business and have been doing it since 1995. Send me a PM if you are inerested and I'll set you up with a great account at a great discount.

Jay

Actually, I thought I would edit this and ask a question. A lot of you are obviously paying for web hosting for your sites. This post gave me an idea... Would anyone be interested in a deep discount hosting account? I could set up a discount for members of this site. We have all unix servers with cPanel control panel. We host many business accounts, commercial forums, and have very reliable servers. If there is interest I can have a page developed with all features and cost. Feel free to PM me. My thoughts are to give our largest account with all the bells and whistles for $2 per month. This helps me offset the cost...... Spend your extra money on beekeeping supplies.

reinbeau:

--- Quote from: Robo on May 19, 2007, 10:56:47 am ---I would highly recommend ICDsoft.   I've been with them about 4 years now and they are great.  Phenomenal customer support too.  In fact a while back I wrote about my experience here -> http://robo.hydroville.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22

BTW,  I have no ties other than being a satisfied customer.

--- End quote ---
Robo, I tried to go to that link and got this in return:  You are using an Invalid IP to access this site!.  What's up with that?  I'm using Comcast as my provider on a cable modem running Firefox (latest).  My IP isn't invalid, it's whatever Comcast gave me  :?

Robo:

--- Quote from: reinbeau on May 20, 2007, 10:04:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Robo on May 19, 2007, 10:56:47 am ---I would highly recommend ICDsoft.   I've been with them about 4 years now and they are great.  Phenomenal customer support too.  In fact a while back I wrote about my experience here -> http://robo.hydroville.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22

BTW,  I have no ties other than being a satisfied customer.

--- End quote ---
Robo, I tried to go to that link and got this in return:  You are using an Invalid IP to access this site!.  What's up with that?  I'm using Comcast as my provider on a cable modem running Firefox (latest).  My IP isn't invalid, it's whatever Comcast gave me  :?

--- End quote ---

Don't know Anne,  works fine for me. Here is what it says.

--- Quote ---I normally wouldn't promote a product/service here, but I know how hard it is to find a good hosting provider. I remember when I first decided to set up a website and the sleepless nights I spent contemplating who to get hosting from. OK, so there were no sleepless nights, but it was not an easy decision to make. After using ICDSoft for over 2 years now, I must say I am a totally satisfied customer. Read more about my experience.....

There are a ton of providers out there, many with little caveats that the normal person doesn't understand. GB of transfer/month, MB of storage, FTP, subdomains, MySQL,.....AHHHHHHH! It just plain hurts to think about it.

Let's face it, the most important thing is the cost. We all want the cheapest plan we can get that has everything we need. Well, after much hair pulling, I decided to go with ICDSoft. They seemed to have good references and where among the cheapest with the most to offer.

What really sealed the decision for me, was the reports of quick customer support. What can be more fustrating than having to wait days to get the answer to a question that is preventing you from getting your site up. I just took a quick look at my support history. I have contacted them 9 times and the average response is 4.5 minutes with the longest being 10 minutes. Now that is impressive. I also must say that my contacting them was not because of the server being down, but more for my own understanding of the hosting features (ie. site search, apache settings, etc.). In fact, according to the server status, it has only been down for 12 minutes since 2/13/2003. That's a 99.999% uptime.

So if your interested in setting up a REAL website, not one of those free limited sites with annoying pop-ups, or moving your site to a better hosting provider, I strongly recommend ICDSoft. You won't be disappointed.
--- End quote ---

With that said though,  I just ordered an account from Jay,  you can't beat the deal he is offering.  And since he owns the company, you have a direct line to the top if support becomes an issue.  Best of all, your giving your money to a fellow beekeep.

Robo:
Bee1,

BTW,  I just got an account from Jay and it has phpList.

Bee1:

Robo, I've been checking out IDCSoft and they look good - I even emailed them a question and they were very prompt at getting back to me with a thoughtful answer.  Thanks for the recommendation & offer to help with the installation of phplist --  I still may need it.  I'm gonna check out ZuniBee's services too...

ZuniBee, I PM'ed you so I can get a little more information about your web hosting service.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bee1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version