BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Free bees (in wall, central VA)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Jerrymac:
Can go from inside. No need for ladder. Most times the sheet rock wall is easier to repair than what ever is covering the outside wall.

Ross:
Just stating the facts.  Sorry if you disagree.  There are much easier ways to obtain bees.  Just about everyone I know that provides a service to the public charges for it.  Why shouldn't beekeepers?  When was the last time you got your yard mowed free by a lawn service?  How about getting your drain unclogged?  And don't you love all those free house cleaning services?  I know I do. 

I know elderly couples with more money than God and I know some that are just getting by.  Either way the bees aren't free and neither is service.  Maybe that vinyl siding will be free....

Jerrymac:
But as Kathyp asked of you....

--- Quote from: kathyp on May 17, 2007, 11:56:27 am ---do you have any legal issues with charging for removal?  i seem to remember some conversation on here about that.  something about licensed pest control?

--- End quote ---

Here in Texas if the pest control board catches you removing bees for a fee they will come down on you for doing pest control without a license.

Robo:

--- Quote from: Scadsobees on May 18, 2007, 10:23:04 am --- :shock:
I was thinking that that will be a lot of work not to mention danger to be free..... :roll: 5 hours on a ladder 15-20 ft up, in a hot beesuit, next day of being sore isn't free, sounds like paying dearly for those bees... :-P

--- End quote ---

Maybe worst case.   Sounds very similar to the one I removed last weekend that was relatively easy.
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=9430.0

If the house is that old,  you are better off to go from the outside.  It most likely has slats and plaster, not sheet rock.  Besides, if they are putting up vinyl siding,  they won't be too concerned with ripping off the old siding.

I have to agree, that nothing is for free,  but I do adjust my fees depending on clients at times.  You can get a pretty good feeling for how they are fixed when you inspect it.

Depending on how long they have been there,  it is a good opportunity for some feral bees

Ross:
If it's a residence, they will come down on you fee or no fee.  On the other hand, in my area they won't touch bees and usually tell people to call a beekeeper.  It's a no win situation. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version