Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Think I spent my Saturday well.  (Read 523 times)

Offline .30WCF

• House Bee
Re: Think I spent my Saturday well.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2021, 09:51:52 pm »
It did. Just looked at the sales confirmation page to verify, $218.83 to my door after tax. Ordered it May 13th, and had it May 16th. Cant beat that with a stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2021, 09:53:59 pm »
It did. Just looked at the sales confirmation page to verify, $218.83 to my door after tax. Ordered it May 13th, and had it May 16th. Cant beat that with a stick.

Wow! That is awesome... Is it a 2 framer?
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline .30WCF

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2021, 10:00:56 pm »
Yes. 2 frame. They did have a 4 frame option.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2021, 10:07:48 pm »
Proud for you! This is only the beginning. Think of all the good golden honey that will go through this in years to come.....
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline .30WCF

• House Bee
Think I spent my Saturday well.
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2021, 11:13:15 pm »
I think you could put 4 medium frames in there if you did it right, definitely 4 shallows I would imagine.
Just to clarify, if I load it wrong, it will jump right over the porch rail. But if you look at what it?s telling you and respond accordingly it is steady as a peg. It took me one set of frames to work out the details, but I put the top bars in the middle of the cage and lean the frames out in opposing directions. Not a great explanation I?m sure, but it?s smooth as silk. Even with a fat comb and a skinny comb, a hand placed on top will settle it. I had an odd number of frames the other day. I put two that I had already spun on one side and the full frame on the other side to get the last frame done. I had to steady that a little , but nothing alarming and not what you see on YouTube when three people are trying to hold the thing down and destroy all their comb.
If you load it right you?ll have no trouble. 98% of what I?ve done has been turn it on and walk away to cut cappings. A couple mismatched frames were steadied with one hand.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2021, 11:21:43 pm »
I think you could put 4 medium frames in there if you did it right, definitely 4 shallows I would imagine.
Just to clarify, if I load it wrong, it will jump right over the porch rail. But if you look at what it?s telling you and respond accordingly it is steady as a peg. It took me one set of frames to work out the details, but I put the top bars in the middle of the cage and lean the frames out in opposing directions. Not a great explanation I?m sure, but it?s smooth as silk. Even with a fat comb and a skinny comb, a hand placed on top will settle it. I had an odd number of frames the other day. I put two that I had already spun on one side and the full frame on the other side to get the last frame done. I had to steady that a little , but nothing alarming and not what you see on YouTube when three people are trying to hold the thing down and destroy all their comb.
If you load it right you?ll have no trouble. 98% of what I?ve done has been turn it on and walk away to cut cappings. A couple mismatched frames were steadied with one hand.

Sounds good!