Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thought you all might enjoy this  (Read 336 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
Thought you all might enjoy this
« on: May 24, 2021, 04:17:44 pm »

These are my brothers 3 oldest kids.  My father is swearing them in.  they are the 8th, 9th and 10th in our family to take the oath.  We all were supposed to be there, but because of schedule changes for the kids to go to Bootcamp, most of us didn't get there.   :cry:

The ceremony starts at about 10:30 in the video.  They'll probably crop it soon.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:49:45 pm by Kathyp »
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online gww

• Queen Bee
Re: Though you all might enjoy this
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 05:11:18 pm »
You should be proud.
Cheers
gww

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 05:48:02 pm »
yes, we all are.  I hope they enjoy the adventure and make it out safely! 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 06:11:21 pm »
Outstanding! Thank you for sharing this Kathy, and thank you and your family for your dedicated love for each other and our Country... May God Bless each of you...
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline The15thMember

• Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 06:55:13 pm »
That's so awesome, Kathy!  It's so cool that so many members of your family have chosen this path in life.  Thank you and your family for your service to this country.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 07:32:42 pm »
  That was something unique Kathy. Thanks for putting it up. The genetics came out there, young Rebecca has inherited Aunty Kathys' voice, it sounded good !  !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 08:08:11 pm »
The genetics came out there, young Rebecca has inherited Aunty Kathys' voice, it sounded good

Lol.  she has changed so much.  My brother used to threaten to send her to stay with me so that she would learn to be a little more assertive.  She was so shy.  Not any more!  All those kids are so great.  They were always a pleasure to be around. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 11:02:54 pm »
That?s awesome Kathy. What rates are they striking for?
Jim Altmiller

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Thought you all might enjoy this
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 01:53:03 pm »
What rates are they striking for?

one of the boys is going into cyber spook stuff.  Rebecca is going for engineering because she wants to go to sea.  She scored really high when she tested so they might pick her up for nuke.  I can't remember what the other one is doing.  A couple of them have degrees, but decided not to commission right now. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 03:01:29 pm »
? I can't remember what the other one is doing.  A couple of them have degrees, but decided not to commission right now. ?

Smart move. 🤗
Jim Altmiller
USN retired

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 03:11:05 pm »
I could have gone the officer route several times.
First time was during the Vietnam war, they came to the electronic class looking for students who wanted to be helicopter pilots. I wanted to do t but lifespan was 2 flights over enemy territory to pick up wounded soldiers.
The second time was when I went up for Chief.
The third time was when I was a Senior Chief. At that point I seriously considered it a demotion.
Jim Altmiller 

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 03:58:06 pm »
The second time was when I went up for Chief.
The third time was when I was a Senior Chief. At that point I seriously considered it a demotion.

That's what my brother said.  He retired as a Senior Chief.  My father went Warrant Officer and retired as a CWO 4.  We have a mix of officers and enlisted, line, LDO, and medical. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2021, 08:43:13 am »
Congratulation.  If you swear to obey the orders of the president and the officers above you.  You had a choice to make in the last administration to uphold the constitution.  The oaths cancel each other.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 11:14:52 am »
You had a choice to make in the last administration to uphold the constitution.  The oaths cancel each other.

I am not going to have this conversation with you in this thread, but if you want to start a new one, I'd be happy to carry on.  Your choice.
Alexis de Tocqueville