Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chinas' Digital Dollar  (Read 408 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Chinas' Digital Dollar
« on: May 24, 2021, 01:39:04 am »
Chinas' digital dollar starting at 25:55

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Chinas' Digital Dollar
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:20:02 am »
Ben,
It does not play. It just says coming soon.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 08:30:30 am »
Jim It plays, but for some unknown reason the coming soon is there until 14:14. Scroll over to 14:14  and it will start reporting of some states rolling out vaccine passports. The digital dollar report starts at 25:55
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 12:19:58 pm »
My state is requiring that people show their card if they want to take off the mask.  Most places I know are ignoring it.  No one wants to be the mask police. 

I am fine with people wearing them if they want to.  Some places are still requiring them and that's OK too.  Making people show their papers before entry is not OK. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 12:22:22 pm »
I read about the China digital currency.  They are not the only ones considering it.  One of the Scandinavian countries tried to go all electronic but had to back off it a bit.

It is coming.  Doing everything electronically sure does put the control out of our reach, doesn't it?

I remember when direct deposit started and some people were upset about it.  They correctly anticipated the slippery slope. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 01:08:14 pm »
I still get a hard check.  My wife still uses cash to shop. 
Cheers
gww

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 01:26:12 pm »
I still get a hard check.  My wife still uses cash to shop.

I still use cash a lot.  Getting a physical check is not an option in some businesses though. 
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 01:55:32 pm »
I am with you two.  It seems computers are always down when you need them the most. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:10:40 am by Ben Framed »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 11:22:24 pm »
The whole purpose of going all digital is so that all money transfers can bee tracked and taxed. Government does not like cash transactions that can bee done without being taxed. That is why Obama careless included requirements to report all payments, 1099 forms.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 08:10:55 am »
Making people show their papers before entry is not OK.
That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it