Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The mask thing  (Read 146 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
The mask thing
« on: May 15, 2021, 01:04:39 am »
I was away for a bit.  We went to TX to visit family.  Coming from a locked down, mask mandated state, the experience was liberating.  As an example, we took the kids to the zoo.  Masks were optional.  Some people wore them and some did not.  All 6 of the adults in our group were vaccinated.  None of us wore masks.  The kids wore none. 

My grandkids and the children of my niece have been going to school in TX all year without masks.  The teachers wear them.  The kids do not.  Of the 4 cases of COVID 19 in my grandkids school district, none were acquired in school.   

People were smiling.  No one gave anyone the evil eye or was tempted to make nasty comments to those who chose not to mask up.   No narcs lurking around waiting to find someone bare faced to Karen about. 
in TX and I suspect in other open states, masks, or the lack of them, is not a political statement. 

In my state and among the frightened and loony leftists, it is. 
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/hogg-keep-wearing-mask-conservative

I don't know how someone lives a happy life if they are thinking like Hogg, or if they are constantly in fear of everything around them.  I do know that coming back to my state was a bit depressing. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: The mask thing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:32:40 am »
Sounds like a nice trip Kathy. So glad you enjoyed the breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, many "looney leftist", as you put it, are moving into Texas, especially the Austin area.....  Pity....
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: The mask thing
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 10:18:49 am »

In my state and among the frightened and loony leftists, it is. 

I remember not so long ago when the frightened and loony rightist lost power and water in TX because they cut corners and did not prepare.  The science is saying if you have had a vaccine your risk is low but if you have not had a vaccine you should absolutely wear a mask.  That is the warning.
This is another left brain, right brain thing.  You have a republican state taking risks of losing members and a democrat state being cautious of losing its members.  Republicans are outnumbered overall so why would they be taking risks?
I still can't make sense of you Kathy, you hate your country, you hate the people around you but you have no intentions of leaving where you are at?  It does btw explain the problems overall in the republican party.  Besides hate and the love of a whack job they have no political platform like they use to.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it